• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Low TT with Turbine time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the replies, I am just impatient to get a 121/135 job. That is the problem with being former military we always want thing to happen yesterday. I know my day and other peoples day will come. It is just frustrating in the mean time. I just wanted to find out how people got turbine time with such low hours, I know no insurance company is going to cover a 1200 hour pilot to fly a C-90 under 135.
I flew an Angle Flight mission last week with a Southwest captain. I asked him specifically about PFT (Gulfstream/Alpine) and he said if you can afford it do it. His argument is it will get you on line faster, hence higher seniority higher pay. He might be right, but I could never do it even if my VA benefits paid for it, which I do not think they do. Good luck to all, and see you out there.

CaptBuzzard did you ever hear from Great Lakes?

Have you tried airnet? Someone just got hired that is on this forum last week and I think you have about the same time.

Don't waste your money on Gulfstream.

P-F-T - NOT!!

Don't even think about it. You don't need it. Your quals are adequate to land interviews for 135 or 121 turbine jobs. Don't forget, as a P-F-T'er you'll be sharing cockpits with people who did not and refused to P-F-T.

To come back to the original question,

it sure is possible to get on in a turbine job with low totaltime. I got on with a hawker SIC job with 200TT for a one-airplane part 91 operation, about 300 hrs a year for $900 a month.

That ended but got on after being persistent with a little company at the same airport that had a few Lear20's as anSIC.

After really hard work and low pay the owner did appreciate me for what i did and made me go to Simuflite with 1200 TT and made me captain on the cargo runs. (good insurance company helps too!!) Then as soon a I hit my ATP mins he made me do the ride in the Lear and that's still where i am now. With a TT of 1700 hrs and 1500jet and 500 PICjet

Work hard, and be in the right place at the right time, offcourse knowing somebody with this kind of operation doesn't hurt either.

Don't get me wrong, it is a far cry from easy, being in command of a lear23 with low TT got me scratching behind my ears quite a few times, and i had Real good training to fall back on, without that i don't think I could have done it.

I would have to agree with a couple of the previous posts......Just keep sending out your resume, with your time, it's just a matter of time until you get an interview, especially with the regionals starting to hire again....there will be someone who will higher you with that time.....

Latest resources

Back