• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Low time VFR FAR 135 pilots Juneau, AK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I may need to clean my glasses, but where are these identified as being related to L.A.B.? They certainly are reportable incidents or accidents. What am I missing here?

had the time of my life flying for LAB. PA44 typed came up there to fly and ran off in the middle of the night during training! i would hardly trust the advice of someone that couldnt cut the mustard! LAB was the most risky and rewarding flying job that i have had to date. unlimited freedom in one of the most beautiful places on earth! also, the 100+ hours a month in the summer doesnt hurt. also saw air excursions put a posting on 350 this week. pretty much same job with more pay. good luck to all interested. the best management in the world cant overcome pilot stupidity!

Labbut, thanks for adding some balance to this thread. It is way too common in aviation forums for people without "first hand" knowledge to start bad mouthing an operator.

There certainly are two sides to every story, so let's hear both sides. This is the other side and with this information people can make a more informed decision about pursuing employment there.
:beer:

labbutt said:
had the time of my life flying for LAB. PA44 typed came up there to fly and ran off in the middle of the night during training! i would hardly trust the advice of someone that couldnt cut the mustard! LAB was the most risky and rewarding flying job that i have had to date. unlimited freedom in one of the most beautiful places on earth! also, the 100+ hours a month in the summer doesnt hurt. also saw air excursions put a posting on 350 this week. pretty much same job with more pay. good luck to all interested. the best management in the world cant overcome pilot stupidity!

Alaska is one of the most beautiful places on earth from May to September then it becomes an ICE Burg but still beautiful!!

Yes it is, but Juneau's climate is moderated by the Ocean and its latitude being south does not reach the temperatures that ANC or FAI reach. I flew a Lear 35 for Alaska's Ford dealer for about 18 months and had a ball.

Check 6 said:
Yes it is, but Juneau's climate is moderated by the Ocean and its latitude being south does not reach the temperatures that ANC or FAI reach. I flew a Lear 35 for Alaska's Ford dealer for about 18 months and had a ball.

To bad the ferry business has been slow I should be at 700+ I would love to do any type of flying in alaska even in crapy beat up airplanes but I must make $2,000 a month min + Housing.

For the record:
I did go up there last summer, after training and PASSING CHECKRIDE. I got an offer to sit the panel on the 727 back in Florida (where I am from) for 3 times the pay at LAB. It was an easy decision. As for leveling in the middle of the night, I left on a 2pm flight after telling the CP what was up. The CP was afraid of the DO and refused to tell him, so he told everyone that I left in the middle of the night. If you don’t have what it takes to be a CFI then LAB might be for you. It, along with their safety record was not for me. Take it for what its worth.

Check 6,
Those are all tail numbers of LAB aircraft. I didn’t post the whole report of each one to save space.

Thanks PA-44.

BORAT said:
Run... They don't call it "Legs And Bodies" for nothing!

Actually, it's Layton's Adolescent Boys.
Most of their guys don't live to see 23.

NW_Pilot said:
Wish I had 700 hours TT and if the pay was $500.00 more I would be game Alaska don’t scare me I am a mountain flying fool from the Pacific NW :pimp:

Yeah but 500-2 is still an eye opener, especially if you don't have floats.

Latest resources

Back