• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Low time regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dosen't really matter what times you have anymore. I interviewed with express and didn't get the job. Thought i did excellent. a 545 hr instructor got the job though. so just send resumes out..it cant hurt

GJ is nobody you want to fly for. Do you really want to be responsible for the whipsaw of an entire airline and pilot group by management to fly a CR7 for less than what that pilot group has negotiated?

The search function works extremely well on this board.

Do a search if you want to know more about HoJets, Blowjets, GayJets, etc. Also do a search for "Freedom" and see what you turn up.

CA1900 said:
No, actually. We've been 900/100 for quite some time, and that's the lowest we've ever gone.

Well the guy is 800/250 - not far off, maybe a month or so away. No harm mentioning it as he is quite close to the minimums and he's looking to begin applying.

Also, the guy is asking about low time regionals, at 900/100, I'd say Colgan qualifies. By the way, how's maintenance over there? I heard you guys lose a lot of engines.

NYCPilot said:
Well the guy is 800/250 - not far off, maybe a month or so away. No harm mentioning it as he is quite close to the minimums and he's looking to begin applying.

Certainly worth checking into us once he hits the "magic" 900. I think hiring is stalled right now, but I'm sure it'll start again.

Also, the guy is asking about low time regionals, at 900/100, I'd say Colgan qualifies. By the way, how's maintenance over there? I heard you guys lose a lot of engines.

At CommutAir? Uhhh, no. I've been here nearly seven years, and don't recall a single engine failure. Preventative maintenance is a big part of our philosophy, and MELs don't linger long here at all. They may be 1900s, but they're some of the best-maintained ones you'll find. Our folks are top-notch mechanics.

So to answer your question, our maintenance is fantastic. Thanks for asking. :D

CA1900 said:
Certainly worth checking into us once he hits the "magic" 900. I think hiring is stalled right now, but I'm sure it'll start again.

At CommutAir? Uhhh, no. I've been here nearly seven years, and don't recall a single engine failure. Preventative maintenance is a big part of our philosophy, and MELs don't linger long here at all. They may be 1900s, but they're some of the best-maintained ones you'll find. Our folks are top-notch mechanics.

So to answer your question, our maintenance is fantastic. Thanks for asking. :D

OOOPS!!
My Bad. (I hate when ppl say this, but I think its warranted)

Somehow I had mixed Colgan and Commutair in my mind. Apologies to the MX dept.!

NYCPilot said:
OOOPS!!
My Bad. (I hate when ppl say this, but I think its warranted)

Somehow I had mixed Colgan and Commutair in my mind. Apologies to the MX dept.!

No problem. I won't tell 'em if you don't -- they're bigger than I am!

They're not perfect, but they do a darn good job. The novelty of a MX department that actually fixes things still hasn't worn off, after my last job. (I still think I'm lucky to be alive after that one.) :D

Latest resources

Back