• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Low Time Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember folks, the flying part is easy. It's judgment and experience which kills you or keeps you alive.

My point earlier was that at 400 hours, most of this pilots time was spent earning (and learning - learning and doing - two different things) certificates and ratings with a CFI making the decisions behind a closed mental curtin. Something the sutdent isnt even aware of. As a CFI, one must be a few steps ahead of both the plane and student.

After earning your certs., one needs to go out and fly some x-crty or become a CFI, where you begin to learn how to be a PIC by making the decisions all by yourself because youre the most "experienced" on board.

You don't gain "experience" by flying around a traffic pattern all day. Fying solo XC is the way to gain experience.

You don't gain "experience" by flying around a traffic pattern all day. Fying solo XC is the way to gain experience.

wudda ya talkin bout. Sittin' on my a$$ in front of the cpu readin FI is the way to gain experience. Shows how little you know. Duhhh...

now where did I put my big bag of generic, orange-glow cheetos....

Is that what the CFI's are doing these days? Just spending all day in the traffic pattern?

On second thought, in this economy a lot of 'em are probably flying the couch in the FBO.

Is that what the CFI's are doing these days? Just spending all day in the traffic pattern?

On second thought, in this economy a lot of 'em are probably flying the couch in the FBO.

or at home....new job position opening-Couch Flying

Latest resources

Back