• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Low time pilots looking for job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Their posted mins bring up an interesting question. ' 75 hours actual instrument'. How do you all compare on that? Thats seems pretty high for even a 1000 hour pilot. Now, understand, here in Colorado we don't get a lot of actual - at least on a day to day in-state basis. When we do, half the tim e it comes with ice. I have a buddy with about 2500 total - only has 15 actual -- and he has only flown in Colorado.
How do pilots from back east and the south rate in actual?

Btw

By the way Aero, thanks for the heads up!!

Iceman21 said:
This low pay **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** has got to stop.

Greetings...

The pay will be low as long as low timers keep applying for these crappy jobs. Until people start deciding that enough is enough as far as pay, this will continue. I guarantee if people would stop applying or at least very few, the pay might go up, who knows. It is time to set the standard as to what is acceptible and what is not, and it needs to be done now.

Take care

JRSLim said:
Their posted mins bring up an interesting question. ' 75 hours actual instrument'. How do you all compare on that? Thats seems pretty high for even a 1000 hour pilot. Now, understand, here in Colorado we don't get a lot of actual - at least on a day to day in-state basis. When we do, half the tim e it comes with ice. I have a buddy with about 2500 total - only has 15 actual -- and he has only flown in Colorado.

I'm thinking whoever wrote the job ad might of meant *actual flight* like the wording in 135.243(c). That's just my guess. Put it this way, if it was a HARD minimum of 75 actual I wouldn't be visiting their offices...I've only got 30ish actual.

I'm with you about the actual thing, the actual here in the southwest is the stuff you don't want - either you're collecting ice or you're in a thunderstorm. I haven't gotten much out here, I got a bunch more back in the southeast. I've gotten a little on flights into and out of Denver, but that was in ice-certified barons.

Also, anyone get a call? I'm wondering what their actual requirements for flight time are. Website said 1500 TT minimum, but people on here say much less. Has anyone gotten a call with <1500 TT?

~wheelsup

JRSLim said:

With about 2000tt I have 160 hrs actual. Flew traffic for almost 1000hrs of that (vfr only), after that night freight. I guess doable. Most of my time is in the east, away from the big pointy rocks.-kingaira90

hmmurdock said:
Greetings...

The pay will be low as long as low timers keep applying for these crappy jobs. Until people start deciding that enough is enough as far as pay, this will continue. I guarantee if people would stop applying or at least very few, the pay might go up, who knows. It is time to set the standard as to what is acceptible and what is not, and it needs to be done now.

Take care

Sorry for wanting to work for myself. I suppose it would be easier to elect a Democrat to the White House, and just sit back and collect unemployment or checks, or get food stamps.

Personally I always thought it was a privlidge to work, not a right.

i've really want to fly for acc. i called there and asked how firm the minimums really were. i spoke with Marilyn Borzymowski
and she read what was on their web site. i've done some research on the company and would really like to work there. i'm still going to send in a resume' even though i don't have what the mins are. i don't have a walk in for this company, so would fax, email or snail mail be best??

I have a app in

I HAVE A app in and did here a thING yet!!!!

Latest resources

Back