Low time pilots looking for job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Aero44

Any low time pilots should check out Air Cargo Carriers Inc.
www.aircar.com.
Don't let their posted hiring minimums scare you. They hire First Officers with 250 hrs. Low multi time doesn't matter. Very quick upgrades.

I have two friends flying for this company right now...one just upgraded and is on the 19 days on and 9 days off plan. He called me the other day and said of his 19 days on he flew 3...the rest were spent in a hotel room. He did say before he upgraded he was flying 60 hours a month or so. Not sure why the upgrade thing made such a change...but he is hoping to get Indy soon and that should get him back flying. Upgrade was pretty quick, but if I remember correctly his position was a PFT. Not sure if they do that anymore.

Anyways...both of them enjoy their job.

One year ago 400-500hrs TT was the average for a new hire FO. You have a decent chance.

This company has scheduled and on-demand operations. From what I hear, the on-demand flying (19 on/9 off) is really slow right now. Of course on the scheduled side of the company you could fly 4 hrs/night, Mon-Fri.

They are done with the PFT for now. I guess once the regionals started hiring they couldn't find enough applicants willing to pay. Now it is a 1 year training agreement.

Sounds like a good opportunity for low time guys to get some turbine time. Those are few and far between.

You do bid for a base. Some of them are listed on their website. They have jumpseat privilages on most airlines.

Latest resources

Back