Low time pilot needs help in DFW!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mjb00123 said:
Also to the losers:smash: (((You know who u are))) who tried to insulted me for what ever reason, You can kiss my A??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason they are losers in your mind is because they told you what you didnt want to hear.

You have a poor attitude.

loanranger said:
its a pa30 Twin Commanche..... available for any multi rated (instrument preferred) pilot in dfw....outside of dfw we can discuss.
send me an IM if you want

Over at Redbird...er...Dallas Executive you say?

If you wanna bypass the usual route(s), you gotta have connections...you need to network. I don't have my CFI/CFII/MEI either, so it can be done.

mcjohn said:
Network is such a loosely used term. Give us some good examples of creative networking.

Have you not read this thread at all?

1) try working at an FBO...This is how you get to know people
2) try offering to wash airplanes...This is how you get to know people
3) try hanging out at an airport and just shaking hands/meeting people...this is how you get to know people.

DO you see a common thread here? Would you like for us to hold your hand and do it for you? Not trying to be an ass, but try reading the thread. People have already mentioned ways to "network". Sorry to take it out on you, but it's getting tiring having people wanting things handed to them without putting forth any effort of their own.

SigAV8R said:
Have you not read this thread at all?

1) try working at an FBO...This is how you get to know people
2) try offering to wash airplanes...This is how you get to know people
3) try hanging out at an airport and just shaking hands/meeting people...this is how you get to know people.

DO you see a common thread here? Would you like for us to hold your hand and do it for you? Not trying to be an ass, but try reading the thread. People have already mentioned ways to "network". Sorry to take it out on you, but it's getting tiring having people wanting things handed to them without putting forth any effort of their own.

Pour this man a drink...

Ah... the true spirit of Flight Info shines through. Not trying to be an ass huh? We'll then, obviously you don't need to try.

O.K. cocky posters, here's my history of networking. Hired at 0A7 to instruct. Hung out, fueled planes, taught lessons. The only opportunities I remember were riding in a couple guys experimentals and ferrying the flight school's planes for Mx.
Next, hired at AVL to instruct. Sit in the office 30 hours a week answering phones and selling pilot supplies when not instructing. Every person I see come through the door gets the handshake and questions regarding where they are heading or who they work for. 4 months of it so far and no leads or even much advice from it. The only good info I remember came from an ACC pilot down at the popcorn machine. Nice guy he was. So, if this is what networking is all about then I must suck at it.

Now, on the other hand. By simply staying involved on flight info and caam, I've been given more leads and learned more about the industry then my 3+ years hanging around my local airports. So, that's why I ask about people's specific ideas regarding networking. I like to compare the opportunities I've seen around my airport to what other folks are experiencing at theirs.

This has nothing to do with having my hand held or reading the thread over and over again to memorize it. Simply put, it has to do with different people's idea of what networking is and how they've had the most success with it.

Now quit yer bitchin and gimme a damm JOB!:D

mcjohn said:
Ah... the true spirit of Flight Info shines through. Not trying to be an ass huh? We'll then, obviously you don't need to try.

O.K. cocky posters, here's my history of networking. Hired at 0A7 to instruct. Hung out, fueled planes, taught lessons. The only opportunities I remember were riding in a couple guys experimentals and ferrying the flight school's planes for Mx.
Next, hired at AVL to instruct. Sit in the office 30 hours a week answering phones and selling pilot supplies when not instructing. Every person I see come through the door gets the handshake and questions regarding where they are heading or who they work for. 4 months of it so far and no leads or even much advice from it. The only good info I remember came from an ACC pilot down at the popcorn machine. Nice guy he was. So, if this is what networking is all about then I must suck at it.

Now, on the other hand. By simply staying involved on flight info and caam, I've been given more leads and learned more about the industry then my 3+ years hanging around my local airports. So, that's why I ask about people's specific ideas regarding networking. I like to compare the opportunities I've seen around my airport to what other folks are experiencing at theirs.

This has nothing to do with having my hand held or reading the thread over and over again to memorize it. Simply put, it has to do with different people's idea of what networking is and how they've had the most success with it.

Now quit yer bitchin and gimme a damm JOB!:D

I'm glad I don't have to try very hard. :) Well, in that case maybe you're just unlucky. How long have you been networking because it's not something that's gonna happen overnight. Some people do all the things you mentioned for years (meaning multiple) before they get their break. Just keep your head down and keep doing the things that help you make the connections. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back