• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

low time female pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Saviboy, please do not give any one a reason to wonder why a woman might have a particular flying job other than the fact that her skill, experience, qualifications, team player ability, (thanks avbug) decision making ability, responsibility, education, perserverence and outlook merited her that job!

She's almost qualified to clean our plane.

As an aside, I once saw a job posting for a "Female Lear co-pilot". I was so f-ing pissed I sent a letter to the EEOC. An EEOC attorney actually called me back and said they'd pursue criminal charges.

saviboy said:
I am telling her that she should already look for a job but she says that there is no way she can find a job flying a jet with her kind of time.
any opinions?

Sounds like your friend has her head on straight, and yours...well, we know where yours is.

Recently someone commented to me that company XYZ was "looking to hire a female pilot"....to which I winced and made a mental note to not consider them in the future. I'd never knowingly take a job because I was the quota-filler.

It took me 3 years as a CFI, 2500 hours, an ATP and 500 ME to get a decent jet gig. People chided me along the way about how it should be easier because of my gender. BS. I'm glad no one gave me any unfair advantage. I can look back an say I paid dues and earned the job based on qualifications and attitude, not politics and aesthetics.

There is a maturing process in aviation, and the things that were all consuming at 450 TT are a yawn at 2000. Occasionally, individuals can juggle more pins earlier and they deserve to get the job based on ability.

Tell your friend to get her CFI/CFII/MEI, tow banners, do surveys, fly traffic, to aerial photography etc while building multi time. Expecting to get anywhere based on her perceived "cuteness" is really an insult to your friend's abilities and personality.

Regardless of gender, everyone works hard climbing the ladder. When people feel they are entitled to skip a few steps, well it sorta pisses off everyone else.

It's like when you are in gridlock traffic and the right land merges...and some joker in a Ferrari zooms down the right lane with his turn signal on, hoping to cut in the front and bypass all the suckers for miles behind. Some doofus impressed with the car always lets them in and the way you feel.....is the way pilots feel when they hear someone (male, female, minority) was given an undeserving break to fill a quota, or based on something other than professional ability.

This whole thread is flame-bait (and a weak one at that).

I can't believe any of you guys or girls are biting off on it...

Oh, and BTW: the 90's called and said they wanted their "I'm being repressed because I'm a white guy" routine back.

(I've always wanted to do that)

CFIcare must not look like that shinny Ferrarri that gets in anywhere, but instead like an old beat up Datsun 310 with rusty paint and bald tires; cause no one ever gave her that "big break."

male or female, it all boils down to who you know. Good looking girl or ugly guy, it doesn't matter. If you know someone in a higher position they can get you in anywhere no matter what your background.

Guapo, you tease

El Guapo writes: "CFIcare must not look like that shinny Ferrarri that gets in anywhere, but instead like an old beat up Datsun 310 with rusty paint and bald tires; cause no one ever gave her that "big break."

HA! pretty funny there Guapo. Actually, I did get my big break.

As for the other comments, I'd like to think I'm on the blessed side of average. Proof? April 2002 issue, Makes and Models. Page 54.

RPM Registry, June/July 2004, page 64-67.

Sorry, no Datsuns here. Check the avatar. It's "DMC driver"...

Last edited:
CFIcare said:
El Guapo writes: "CFIcare must not look like that shinny Ferrarri that gets in anywhere, but instead like an old beat up Datsun 310 with rusty paint and bald tires; cause no one ever gave her that "big break."

HA! pretty funny there Guapo. Actually, I did get my big break.

As for the other comments, I'd like to think I'm on the blessed side of average. Proof? April 2002 issue, Makes and Models. Page 54.

RPM Registry, June/July 2004, page 64-67.

Sorry, no Datsuns here. Check the avatar. It's "DMC driver"...

Got a link for that? Some members think youare bluffing ;)

Latest resources

Back