Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

saviboy

hi
a friend of mine has about 450 tt , 10 multi and she looks good.
I am telling her that she should already look for a job but she says that there is no way she can find a job flying a jet with her kind of time.
any opinions?

tell her to work her way up the ladder like most pilots. saviboy looks like your trying to get into her pants by being helpful.

Good question. Does being a female or other minority actually help you get a job in the airlines? I've heard differing opinions. Whats yours?

FrozenPilot said:
Good question. Does being a female or other minority actually help you get a job in the airlines? I've heard differing opinions. Whats yours?
Maybe not the airlines, but definitely with corporate departments. Of course they have to meet some bare minimum requirements but those are lower than the men (if the dept. needs to hire a woman). Some corporations will specifically search for a woman or minority, and if you aren't one of those, then no amount of time or experience will get you hired. Period. It sucks but that's the way it is.

At 450 hours, how did "jet job" find it's way into either of your vocabularies? How about "any job" you can get, instead. At 450 hours either one of you is concerned that she might or might not have enough experience to land a "jet job?" How about flight instructing, banner towing, flying freight, doing aerial photography, getting a little more time and flying a 207 in the Grand Canyon, or anything else that any other pilot does?

Pay the dues, get the experience in order to have a leg to stand on, and earn the right to compete with the rest of the work force for that "jet job." Or any other job.

I don't care what she looks like. How does she fly, what's her experience and qualifications, and can she function as a team player for the company? Crikey. What are you planning on having her do...submit a photograph with each resume?

Am I correct in saying that airlines have to maintain a certain percentage of female pilots? I've heard this somewhere before, which is why females generally get hired before anyone else. I, myself, find it hard to believe now.

Latest resources

Back