Low Time Commercial Instrument pilot needed for Florida based Corporation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$40K isnt enough

I'll do it for $40,000/year. I can start next week and live in central FL. I'm an experienced CFI,CFII,MEI with lots of Florida and Bahamas flying. I've had it with the regionals!

I did a single engine corporate gig out of Clearwater/St Pete. Corporate is not worth it less than 75K no matter what you are flying. The impact on your life is alot. "The other duties as assigned" can be anything and everything anytime of day or night. Also, when anyone says "occasional overnights or short notice" get ready for that to be the norm in most corporate positions. When I 1st left 135 single pilot cargo to do a corporate gig, I thought great, better QOL better equipment. Only thing was newer equipment, but as someone said earlier, the company would rather spend more on the airplane avionics than a pilot. 24/7 on call is not cool at all. Even the worse 135 ops with 4-8 hard days off can be better than alot of corporate ops. As my old corporate boss said at a pilot's meeting, "You will work abnormal hours, try to get you sleep between flights with a powernap or something, I pay above average wages for what you do and if thats an issue I have 2000 other pilots who are willing to do your job" I quit the same day to go back to 135 ops making less with a set schedule and rest time proteciton. I am not anti corporate as some corporate ops may have better QOL than that, but the ones I have come across in Florida do not seem to value pilots at all. 135, 121 or decent fracs are way better choices. 135 most will have you home nightly and if is cargo usually scheduled. There are some decent ones out there. 121 once senority is built up, better schedules. Fracs like Netjets and CitationShares, work half a year making no less than 40K 1st year and live pretty much where you want. Corporate, you are someone's B@%$h basically.

I did a single engine corporate gig out of Clearwater/St Pete. Corporate is not worth it less than 75K no matter what you are flying. The impact on your life is alot. "The other duties as assigned" can be anything and everything anytime of day or night. Also, when anyone says "occasional overnights or short notice" get ready for that to be the norm in most corporate positions. When I 1st left 135 single pilot cargo to do a corporate gig, I thought great, better QOL better equipment. Only thing was newer equipment, but as someone said earlier, the company would rather spend more on the airplane avionics than a pilot. 24/7 on call is not cool at all. Even the worse 135 ops with 4-8 hard days off can be better than alot of corporate ops. As my old corporate boss said at a pilot's meeting, "You will work abnormal hours, try to get you sleep between flights with a powernap or something, I pay above average wages for what you do and if thats an issue I have 2000 other pilots who are willing to do your job" I quit the same day to go back to 135 ops making less with a set schedule and rest time proteciton. I am not anti corporate as some corporate ops may have better QOL than that, but the ones I have come across in Florida do not seem to value pilots at all. 135, 121 or decent fracs are way better choices. 135 most will have you home nightly and if is cargo usually scheduled. There are some decent ones out there. 121 once senority is built up, better schedules. Fracs like Netjets and CitationShares, work half a year making no less than 40K 1st year and live pretty much where you want. Corporate, you are someone's B@%$h basically.

for $20k they better be looking for a 300 hour pilot still in high school living with mom and dad.

I know of a place that took delivery of 2 New G1000 182's pay is $33K + $3.5K 1 Year Contract Bonus. They have free dorm room housing shared facilities 4 days on 3 days off, 12 hour shifts $85.00 a day for meals, All hotel & ground transportation prepaid can we all say sack lunch = money in pocket.

Simgle Pilot Part 91, Lots of open water! Rarely any passengers.

Now G1000 that's modern equipment and they had trouble finding pilots called me 3 to 4 times. I Told them sorry make it $45-50K a year I will do it.

I am waiting on the word from Cessna to take them their new 206 they pay good money for ferry flights.

Also you must have a valid passport.
Pilots must be Non Smokers!!!
Agree to Random Drug/Alcohol Testing (24 Hours Bottle To Throttle)

Twenty grand for flying five hundred hours a year. Interesting. Hopefully someone found whomever put that ad out, and smacked them upside the head. Come off it.

Over the years, I've found light airplanes generally demand three hours of time for each hour flown, and in this case additional duties are required, so plan on at least the stated flight time, times four. That's two thousand hours of work over the year, which amounts to ten bucks an hour. Less than flight instructing.

Twenty five thousand to upgrade...a new paint job costs more than that. Don't banty that number around as something impressive...a lot of radios cost more than that. Bring the airplane up to modern standars means that it was substandard, and a minimum amount of cash was spent to bring it to what someone calls an acceptable level. considering the salary, a prospective employee can see right off the bat that it's a bare budget, by-the-skin-of-your-teeth operation.

Sad days.

Latest resources

Back