• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Low seniority Pinnacle Capts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At one point in time I heard of a study guide for the 121 atp test at the interview. I couldnt find it on avaitioninterviews(dot)com. Anyone know where its at??

Im all part 135, so I could probably use some good studying...

Pinnacle IS hiring street captains... I got the email to prove it.. I sent a resume in and got a interview invite for a "Captain position" one day later... But then I found out you would be on reserve for the rest of your life... And you only make 300 bucks a week in training...

If that's the case, it's the first I've heard of it. My mistake for using the word "staple" in my earlier post. Since that word has been thrown around quite a bit lately.

Our FAs are as bland as it'll go. MSP has more "wholesome" good 'ol midwestern girl going on, DTW has a little bit of everything, and MEM is just plain old nasty. Seriously, I think we hired a few more cute FO now than FA lately. But I just don't get to fly with them anyway...

Does any one know what the current upgrade time is for FO to captains?

Currently....3500 total, reduced to 3000 if you have 500 in company jet,
2000 multi. Last vacancy had 2 street guys in FO class get the award for upgrade..but they have to fly the line as an FO for a few months from what I heard.

Pinnacle IS hiring street captains... I got the email to prove it.. I sent a resume in and got a interview invite for a "Captain position" one day later... But then I found out you would be on reserve for the rest of your life... And you only make 300 bucks a week in training...
I heard the same thing. RUN, RUN away from this place called Pinnacle. Forget reserve, the eight year pilots QOL here is awful. RUN, RUN AWAY! Or just come and train, then leave, don't even think of staying.

Man, things must have gone downhill quickly. I'd say the ratio was 1 in 5, but I was always on the junior side of things and getting the junior girls as well.

Had my fair share of cute and young before I got hitched. PCL was always good for that in the past. :)

As far as getting furloughed before you'd get displaced? Not a chance with as many F/O's as they're hiring currently as well.

If they're hiring 5 street CA's a month and 20 F/O's, then 6 months later lose 15 aircraft (roughly 4:1 staffing), they furlough 60 F/O's but have hired 120 total below you, so you get displaced to F/O.

This happened to me at the beginning of my 3rd year. Netted $10,000 and basically dropped to one trip a month. Illegal as hell per the contract, but who gives a crap. Scheduling was happy to do it 'cause they couldn't get newhire F/O's their consolidation hours and people were going back to the sim for rechecks for lack of time.

That was one of the funniest meetings with GB in ALL TIME... He got SO mad that I was dropping below contractual hours. Terry told him it was benefitting the company so STFU.

Incidentally, if you're displaced from CA to FO you have 90 days to reclaim your CA seat. If you can't claim a CA slot in any vacancies during that 90 day period, you go back in the regular pool of F/O's and THAT could take a while.

Wasn't a problem when the company was growing by 2-3 aircraft per month. Now? Depends on how bad the whipsaw gets.

Good luck,

Latest resources

Back