Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CherryBomb

Former freight trash
I'd be curious to know if a guy got hired at Pinnacle as a street captain, would he flow back to FO when all the other (senior) FO's that were hired with really low time finally meet their upgrade minimums?

Is management making any of the new hires sign training contracts?

Just curious, did a quick search, couldn't find any info...

1 - No...Once you hold a position you cannot be bumped out of that position unless there are reductions posted in that position. If you are displaced you have certain contractual rights to reclaiming you vacancy for a certain period of time.

2 - They haven't been doing contracts for FO's for a long time now. That may change if someone is awarded a captain position off the street. The opportunity for people to come in for the free type rateing then quiting after training could likely be very costly.

I'd be curious to know if a guy got hired at Pinnacle as a street captain, would he flow back to FO when all the other (senior) FO's that were hired with really low time finally meet their upgrade minimums?

Is management making any of the new hires sign training contracts?

Just curious, did a quick search, couldn't find any info...

If you get hired here as a Street Captain (Not happening right now), you will be at the bottom of the seniority list as both combined list, and CA list. You will likely be furloughed before you will "downgrade" to FO. Like DoingTime suggests.

We still have quite a few street hire CA folks that got hired here about 2 years ago and it's still sitting reserve. I think 1 or 2 of those guys are finally seeing daylight of a crummy 10 day High-speed line... All the FO upgraded stapled in front of them on the CA list. So those street CA bidding lower and lower in the schedule bid each month.

We do not have a training contract. Leave as you please. And many of us are please to leave:)

Last edited:
All the FO upgraded stapled in front of them on the CA list.

Wait a minute, the FOs aren't stapled, they have been at Pinnacle longer than the street hire captain, so when they upgrade, it's only natural that their seniority be higher and in front of those street hire captains. Do I have that correct?

Wait a minute, the FOs aren't stapled, they have been at Pinnacle longer than the street hire captain, so when they upgrade, it's only natural that their seniority be higher and in front of those street hire captains. Do I have that correct?

Yes you do. Don't use the word staple in this case because seniority is independent of seat assigment. When I started with PCL in 01 my upgrade came at 5 months on the line as an F/O, 9\11 caught me in the middle of upgrade, three months later all the F\O's that where furloughed came back and I ended up spending almost three years before I could hold a line because all the SAAB captains that came to the Jet and all the F/O's senior to me that upgraded went in front of me as it should be, they didn't staple anybody in front of me that was their seniority as they started upgrading.

I don't think you guys are hiring off the street captains, are you?
What is all this argument about when this is not the case?

Last edited:
If you get hired here as a Street Captain (Not happening right now), you will be at the bottom of the seniority list as both combined list, and CA list. You will likely be furloughed before you will "downgrade" to FO. Like DoingTime suggests.

We still have quite a few street hire CA folks that got hired here about 2 years ago and it's still sitting reserve. I think 1 or 2 of those guys are finally seeing daylight of a crummy 10 day High-speed line... All the FO upgraded stapled in front of them on the CA list. So those street CA bidding lower and lower in the schedule bid each month.

We do not have a training contract. Leave as you please. And many of us are please to leave:)

Pinnacle IS hiring street captains... I got the email to prove it.. I sent a resume in and got a interview invite for a "Captain position" one day later... But then I found out you would be on reserve for the rest of your life... And you only make 300 bucks a week in training...

Being that they are short staffed you would fly as a street captain?

I would just be looking to get my hours to a certain number.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back