Low Salary Expectations a plus!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PP Flight time

Hmm, I know private pilots can demo an airplane inflight as a salesman, I don't remember if they can then deliver said airplane if they are an employee of the person selling the airplane.

I think we've all bent a rule here or there in gray areas, and the one about no compensation as a PP has lots of exemptions to make it even more complicated. Such as the one about glider tows being ok if you are a club member doing it for the club.

CAP also has some exemptions. I think there are legal opportunities enough for a PP without putting your ticket on the line just for some flight time. That's desperate.

I recommend to all pilots this desperate that you watch those grey areas. For example, if I was a PP and my dad wanted to go flying and rent the airplane for me, I don't think too many people would have heartburn with that even though you are not sharing expenses as req'd.

I'd say the best way to get flight time as a PP is to network. After that, get your ratings. Also maybe the Civil Air Patrol. It takes a while to get into the 'network' on that one though.

Latest resources

Back