Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Iflyamouse

Is it time for lunch yet?
Came across this on Pilotcrewjobs.com ... anybody else find this quite amusing?

"PILOTS WANTED - part time taildragger pilots for biplanes, AT-6, Beech 18 on Part 91 sightseeing from CRQ. Minimum 1500TT, 500 tailwheel. CFI, low salary expectations a plus."

I wonder what they consider a low salary. Maybe I should call them and tell them I will work for free.

I wish there was a way to "effectively" get a nationwide pilots union that keeps idiots from answering that ad.

ummm, i don't normally do this but... ILSJunky, you may want to get your commercial certificate first, before you go and offer up your services for hire! ;) sorry! i had to say it...

-PJ

puddlejumper said:
ummm, i don't normally do this but... ILSJunky, you may want to get your commercial certificate first, before you go and offer up your services for hire! ;) sorry! i had to say it...

-PJ

Oh you are taking all the fun out of it.
I am sure some people on here might have made a couple bucks or so as a private pilot.

The original post reminds me of an ad I saw in trade a plane recently.

They wanted a B-200 pilot, preferable retired (so they could have him whenever they wanted), and would pay the pilot a whole 125 per day, and even would pay ones expenses when on a flight. Wow how generous. I have known private pilots who charged more than that to fly a single engine cessna.

tisk, tisk, tisk. :rolleyes: I can't believe my very ears. (or eyes, i 'spose) More than once I've lost pilot service jobs to private pilots who offer to ferry or reposition airplanes for nothing... I guess we've all been in that position before, hungry for flight time and without concern for professional integrity or standards. It's really negligible in the grand scheme of things, but there have been times where I've wanted to tattle! :)

-PJ

Latest resources

Back