Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Love Field operating in the Red. Who's fault is that? Not SWA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skyboss said:
So pay up.

Skboss, who says that we are not paying our share? SWA has paid what the city charged.

When I mentioned City Operations, I meant other Dallas city offices, not other airports.

J3

Flopgut said:
You know, I think it would be hard to fly with you. You're so full of sh!t the flight deck probably smells worse than the lavatory! The airplane your flying probably has a brown contrail!

Sweet - ole flop gut has turned on the insult machine again! Who needs intellect? Who need facts? Not flopgut - he has insults. BTW I'm sure you are a real peach in person, and not having to fly with you is one of my favorite things about working at SWA.

We don't even have to argue about this one, this is flat out embarrassing! sure lets argue it How did you people think this was going to play out? I got news for you, look at the fares, there is no way you can make that claim you just did. Actaully there is a way - in fact it is quite easy - see below I think the way to fix this properly is let you sling-blade hillbillies sponsor the $8+ dollar per thousand pound fees and let AA have the $.35 fees for the next 30 years! That ought to make it about right. What do you think your fares will look like then? How about your paycheck?

You SWA folks have some hell to pay on this one.

Two cites picked at random: AA versus SWA using current fares - fully refundable one way tickets from the websites leaving tomorrow. The second SWA fare in the equation is the ABQ-DAL fare.

LA
AA 419
SWA 196+159 = 355

PHX
AA 503.50
SWA 109+159 = 268

I am sure you will answer this post with another insult. That is all I have ever seen you do. Do you treat people like this in real life? Or does being annonymous give you the courage you lack in real life? In no case will you admit that you are in error and that the WA is stifling competion. The fact is the WA is costing consumers and AA is benefiting.

Uh, because

Flopgut said:
Why does AA have to pay 20 times more for use of a Dallas airport than SWA?

AA management types are dumbshiittes??

Dude, if there is a problem at LUV, it's LUV field not funding/charging properly, not SWA NOT paying our bills.

Flopgut said:
Parallels of very similiar circumstances can be drawn between this sort of revelation and the factors that were the demise of Braniff. Of course I don't want you to go out of business, I just want you to have to pay your fair share. And in this case, it probably is in the billions. With interest and punitive damages, you bet. It should be huge. Why does AA have to pay 20 times more for use of a Dallas airport than SWA?

Because its more expensive to operate?

You sir, are

Flopgut said:
This is not really a problem, SWA has plenty of money to make this right.

Sure, and while we are at it, lets use our profits to bring down the deficit and cure cancer.... I think they should be able to recoup all the monies rightfully owed the airport for all these years. And what did SWA do wrong? Was there a trial I missed?
SWA might have to call off some growth and sell some planes or something. Like, nothing? If it were AA ripping off the public like this they would want to shut them down. PLease oh please see post above by ivauir

Off the deep end, ciao.

Last edited:
Guys, the truth hurts. You have been ripping people off. Ivauir's fare quotes evidently should be adjusted for wrongfully imposed airport fees. That is the whole point buddy! Lets scale the economies of these airports, who is flying cheaper then?

At CAL they were finding financial schemes planted by lorenzo as late as 1999. In one scheme, all the CSDs on the B727s had been sold to a company and were being leased back at a ridiculous fee. I bet that is the same thing here. This is probably something heldover from the back room deals that Herb made with Lady Bird to cut down Braniff! I mean come on, are you kidding me? $.35 vs. $8+ dollars! That's ridiculous. I hope they start pulling your nuts off over this. You deserve it.

Lets just switch the fees, OK? We don't even have to make adjustments for inflation or anything. Lets just hang the 8 dollar fee on your b!tch a$$ for about three decades and call it even.

Flopgut said:
Guys, the truth hurts. You have been ripping people off. Ivauir's fare quotes evidently should be adjusted for wrongfully imposed airport fees. That is the whole point buddy! Lets scale the economies of these airports, who is flying cheaper then?

At CAL they were finding financial schemes planted by lorenzo as late as 1999. In one scheme, all the CSDs on the B727s had been sold to a company and were being leased back at a ridiculous fee. I bet that is the same thing here. This is probably something heldover from the back room deals that Herb made with Lady Bird to cut down Braniff! I mean come on, are you kidding me? $.35 vs. $8+ dollars! That's ridiculous. I hope they start pulling your nuts off over this. You deserve it.

Lets just switch the fees, OK? We don't even have to make adjustments for inflation or anything. Lets just hang the 8 dollar fee on your b!tch a$$ for about three decades and call it even.

How can you claim not to hate SWA and yet continue to post this drivel? Comparing Herb to lorenzo - you have lost your mind.

ivauir said:
How can you claim not to hate SWA and yet continue to post this drivel? Comparing Herb to lorenzo - you have lost your mind.

I absolutely do not hate SWA. I was particuliarly fond of Braniff. I think that turnabout is fairplay. You screwed Braniff, yours is coming. Or at least should be coming. You will most likely (and wrongfully) persevere.

Flopgut said:
I absolutely do not hate SWA.

Could have fooled me.
Flopgut said:
You have been ripping people off

Flopgut said:
on your b!tch a$$
Flopgut said:
You know, I think it would be hard to fly with you. You're so full of sh!t the flight deck probably smells worse than the lavatory! The airplane your flying probably has a brown contrail!

Flopgut said:
you sling-blade hillbillies

Flopgut said:
You SWA folks have some hell to pay on this one.

Flopgut said:
With tenants like SWA, who needs enemies?

Flopgut said:
I hope they start pulling your nuts off over this. You deserve it.

Now this is just from one thread. I know the third one wasn't about SWA, just me, but it was such an unnessecary, unprovoked, and crude personal attack that I just had to throw it in. It is interesting that even when we agree on something (SR65) you find it necessary to toss a few insults my way. Face it: you are a SWA hater.
You are a spiteful person with nothing to contribute to this discussion. You lurk on every SWA thread looking for a hint of arrogance, a peice of bad news ANYTHING so you can gloat over the demise of SWA. Everytime I respond to your missinformation and lies, you slander and insult me.

Last edited:
ivauir said:
Could have fooled me.

Now this is just from one thread. I know the third one wasn't about SWA, just me, but it was such an unnessecary, unprovoked, and crude personal attack that I just had to throw it in. It is interesting that even when we agree on something (SR65) you find it necessary to toss a few insults my way. Face it: you are a SWA hater.
You are a spiteful person with nothing to contribute to this discussion. You lurk on every SWA thread looking for a hint of arrogance, a peice of bad news ANYTHING so you can gloat over the demise of SWA. Everytime I respond to your missinformation and lies, you slander and insult me.

Slander and insult huh? You are getting off easy. How about the career Braniff pilots and their families that your airline roasted? How about all the people who have suffered under this bullsh!t arrangement of one airport with pennies in fees (yours), and AA which gets to sponsor fees that exceed anyone's impression of reasonable? this is not about "you and me", don't flatter yourself. This is about Southwest Airlines and the crap they have been feeding people for 30+ years. This business should have never lost Braniff to your pseudo airline crap.

You meet me in person and you'll know it. I don't sugarcoat my feelings on this issue. Most often when I talk about this with my contemporaies who are at SWA they just stare at the floor and hope I shut up. They know they have a bullsh!t position on the issue.

Latest resources

Back