Lost FCC license... Help!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

regionalhell

I misplaced my FCC license the other day and I have a trip to Canada next week. Does anyone know if you can get a faxed copy or an email copy without having to wait two weeks for the snail mail.

Also do I have to pay another $60 bucks or is that waived since this is a re-issue?

Any advice is appreciated!

I misplaced my FCC license the other day and I have a trip to Canada next week. Does anyone know if you can get a faxed copy or an email copy without having to wait two weeks for the snail mail.

Also do I have to pay another $60 bucks or is that waived since this is a re-issue?

Any advice is appreciated!

Seriously,

Has anyone EVER asked to see that?

I'll begin an investigation into your license's mysterious disappearance. I'll just need your name, SSN and a major credit card. With my sources we can have this solved within the hour.

I think if you go to the FCC site there is a way to search for and I think print a temp as long as you got it within the last few years. A few years ago they started an online computer database that you can search. If you've had it for several years like I did, then yours won't be in that data base as they only added new applications as they got them, and you'll have to pay for another one. But that new one will be in the new database and you can look it up in the future.

You think YOU'VE got it bad???

I think I lost my passport!!

:-/

A replacement is $60, but if you need to update something, such as a phone number or email address, the new license is free. (recommendation from the FCC customer service rep)

Latest resources

Back