Loss of Consciousness

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

s3jetman

I am just wondering if anyone knows anything about the medical field. I have lost my medical do to a car accident. My medical has been suspended for two years and i am trying to get it reduced. The FAA has agreed to take another loook but they said i will need a good medical reason. Does anyone have one?

Reason?

You mean like concussion, mutiple G force impact, shock?

Is there something more to this? Loss of a medical due to a car accident is a new one for me, unless of course you lost your sight, limbs, etc, and could no longer pass the phyical standards.

Is there more?

Yea there is a lot more
like LOC due to Tramaitc brain injury
in a comma for 6 days
and i think that is what they are worried about, because they are afraid i may have a siezure eventhough it has been almost a year and i have never had one nor have i been in the hospital for anything at all. i just need a good medical reason and i think i will be back in the air
i am a horrible speller loss of conscousness like your knocked out

Sounds like you need a good once over with a neurologist, one who your AME knows. You need info from AOPA and perhaps legal advice. Don't go down this road by yourself, and you can expect it to be costly.

Don't talk to the FAA or the med certication branch by yourself.

Send me a PM. There is a company in Denver that covers medical events for the boys and gals at ALPA and APA. Many of these Docs used to work for the FEDs, so they know how to ge things done. I have no idea about costs, but they can be very effective.

AAflyer

shameless plug

Another recomendation for Virtual Flight Surgeons.

I received outstanding assistance from them two years ago on a medical issue.

Learned about them from reading one of Tom Block's articles in Flying mag.

Latest resources

Back