• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like it might be over for VA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is amazing that a week ago VA denied they were losing any investors. They may have nice CS but, they lie, try to hide their finacials, and do not play fare. How can any of their employees trust anything they say?

Their employees don't have to trust them. They're all koolaid drinkers anyway.

Some thoughts...sorry if feelings are hurt...

Deregulation happened over 30 some odd years ago...

Too many competitors out there...

The "Great Products" out there need to be priced accordingly...cover the costs, and eak out a profit...or leave the marketplace...simple enough??

This industry needs to stabilize (yesterday wouldn't be soon enough), and pricing products below cost is not the path that's going to achieve that...

Understood...there are pilots out there with jobs in the balance,...but also out there is something that is scarier than these words, and tough medicine....it's reality....the real world.

The sooner this industry confronts reality...the sooner this industry achieves normalcy and stability.

Products need to be priced to cover costs.

The US bankruptcy laws have ruined the airline industry. If every airline that went into bankruptcy had instead gone out of business, the airline industry would be a much stronger one. There needs to be business Darwinism, but it's not allowed.

This figures.

A few years ago we bought tickets on Aloha. Then the next year we bought tickets on ATA. Yesterday, I just bought tickets on VA for this summer vacation.

I have that curse. You better hope that I dont buy a ticket on your airline next.

looks like "ya get what ya pay for"

So is it better to regulate it on the front end, or socialize it on the back end?

I think you need to open up your mind, and not limit yourself to those two (controlling) choices...and open up the possibility of failure...and success(!!!) Freedom (to put another name to it)...

I agree with Prussian!!

Let the market sort it out!! (of course only after my own start up get's their fourth airplane and the govt grants us an exclusive use airport. It's only fair)

Latest resources

Back