Looks like I was right about the failed SWA TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shearedshaft

Did you hear that sound that accompanied Gary Kelly's letter this evening?

Yep, that was the sound of our negotiated raises disappearing.

Just like I predicted. You no voters sure got yourself a deal, yup!

The 20th paycheck is almost here, when it hits, I hope you realize that if you're a captain, you're already $2,000 poorer. It will get worse by $1,000 per month. If you're a senior FO, well, about the same, you're down two grand.

Nice work guys. No scope or codeshare protection, no rigged open time, no raises, just a lot of surprised looking guys wondering where the money went.

That's ok. I'm sure in 2011 we'll be ready for another vote.

My no vote had nothing to do with money. And if the deal isn't equal or better the next time around, guess what? I vote no again.

Scope language was great--if it flies in the US, SWAPA pilots fly it. Codeshare language was great--for far international codeshare. It was very weak for near international codeshare.

But it prohibited ALL domestic codeshare, I've never seen that in any other pilot contract.

And to the poster that claimed the TA was "concessionary", uh, no. Gary's latest offer, now that is concessionary, since it changes quality of life issues while taking raises off the table.

Nice work guys. Do any of you folks have any ideas for what's next? Just stay in a 1994 contract with 2006 pay rates forever? It seems like you just handed Gary Kelly the keys to be able to do just that.

It was very weak for near international codeshare.

Yeah, that is what I meant. It seems to me that as long as they meet the growth requirements, there is no limit as to how much flying they can give to Westjet, Volaris, or any other airline in CA or MX in the future

In engineering terms (fluid dynamics), it is referred to as head loss. To those of us in Rio Linda, we just hosed ourselves.

Time to get that strike preparedness team together. Gary's direct negotiations with the pilot group is absurd and screams of Jim Parker flaws.

Herb's airline is gone. Accept it and move on. Yes, Gary "it's on."

I am ready for a strike. First we need to get rid of Carl and his lacky Tom D. Shearshaft. If that $1000 per month was so important and thats what Mr. GK wants to take away. Then I guess we can count on your no vote.

Fly safe! I know I will be.

Last edited:
Time to get that strike preparedness team together. Gary's direct negotiations with the pilot group is absurd and screams of Jim Parker flaws.

Herb's airline is gone. Accept it and move on. Yes, Gary "it's on."

Now if that isn't one of the smarter ideas I've heard in a long time!!!:puke: Do you really work here?? :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back