• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like falconair is scabbing!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Er...shouldn't your response be, "Cool, welcome to the side of good!"? If you can
convince all the guys flying for possible strikebreakers to abandon the dark side,
that's a victory. If you drive him back to doing whatever his boss wants him to do,
that's not.

Just a quick question from an outside observer. On the spirit scab website they have 10 "non excuses" for flying this work while the union is on strike. What does a new hire in indoc or systems class do? Do they just say screw you I'm not going to class and get released? Because as I understand first year pilot may not be covered by the union until they are off probation?

Just a quick question from an outside observer. On the spirit scab website they have 10 "non excuses" for flying this work while the union is on strike. What does a new hire in indoc or systems class do? Do they just say screw you I'm not going to class and get released? Because as I understand first year pilot may not be covered by the union until they are off probation?

Probationary pilots are covered once they have flown one revenue leg.

Others could be fired, but typically can be covered by the "return to work" provision with the new contract.

Spirit's definition of struck work includes those in training. ANY phase of training.

So if you take the job and show up for class while they're on strike, you're a Scab. If you refuse to come to class, you're likely fired, and the union will have to negotiate your return as a "contract hostage" in the closing discussions of the T.A.

Spirit's definition of struck work includes those in training. ANY phase of training.

So if you take the job and show up for class while they're on strike, you're a Scab. If you refuse to come to class, you're likely fired, and the union will have to negotiate your return as a "contract hostage" in the closing discussions of the T.A.

You're still a scab either way. So it is likely those negotiations will be pretty short. If you were already in training before the strike then refused to come to class that would be another story.

So if you were in class before the strike what would you do? And is there any new hires in this catagory of in class then strike?

Lets not get off topic, there are NO new hires at Spirit. There are currently furloughed pilots. Spirit is not hiring any new pilots. No one is in class either.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back