Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
its the quickest way into turbine equipment and probably the safest. You might get yourself killed flying night freight single pilot IFR in a light twin trying to build up hours. Go with gulfstream.

Enjoy it while it lasts though, casue once your paid time is up, you're getting the boot, unless you pay a little more. Kinda like dropping another quarter in the arcade machine slot within 20 seconds before the games ends entirely......

If you are worried about getting killed working at a flying job where you are PIC and gaining great experience you probably shouldn't be a pilot at all.

Sctt@NJA said:
If you are worried about getting killed working at a flying job where you are PIC and gaining great experience you probably shouldn't be a pilot at all.

I was being a little facetious with our flaming friend here. I think he wants a shortcut to a flying job rather than pay his dues....

Booze - About the fastest way I'd recommend is get your commercial rating as quickly as possible. ATPs has quick courses if you have the flight time. Get a few hours of tail dragger time and find yourself a banner job while getting your MEI on the side (if you have time). With banner towing, you can get about 600-700 hours in a summer if you work super hard. After that, get a job instructing. Put that MEI to work and start sending out applications as soon as you meet mins. Make friends with as many pilots as possible and try to get a buddy to walk in an application.

This is about the quickest way I have come up with, without shelling out 30k for a job. Of course, I wish I would have done this before I joined the guard......

Another out of touch "wannabee"

BOOZENEWS said:
I have around 200 hrs total and am wanting to take a faster track to the airlines. I just found what seems like a REALLY good way to make that happen. Gulfstream Academy will give me 250 hrs as a B-1900 FO and give me hiring priority after that! This sounds excellent and a good way to get the airlines to notice you over other pilots! Would you recommend this? It sounds good to me. Let me know.

What is it you think awaits you at the end of the "fast track to the airlines"?
Good pay? Time off? Retirement benefits? Think again.
Have you been talking to some old retired pilot in your neighborhood that still thinks making the sacrifices you are thinking about making is worth it? The number of good (really good) flying jobs out there is very small. The number of highly qualified pilots looking to get those jobs is huge.

Dude, do yourself a favor and stop now. You are years away from being competitive for a decent job - it doesn't matter how much you want to pay. Take your $$ and buy a plane or go into it with someone else and fly for fun. Do some research on what the pilot profession is being reduced to before you try to find a track (fast/slow/dead-end, whatever) to "the airlines".

mcjohn said:
What do you mean by that?
I'm just about done with my training for the KC-135 and about to be released back into the civvie world. I only have about 750tt and cannot be considered for any regional that I would want to work for, even the airline I work at now (on the ramp as my civ job) won't even look at my stuff. Not that I think I deserve special consideration, it's just frustrating after just under 2 years of balls-to-the-wall flight training.

If I had done a summer or two banner towing, I'd be around 1500-2000hrs and in a MUCH better situation.

If you want an aviation future with good pay, good benifits, easy schedule and a real nice retirement plan become an air traffic controller. You can retire early and live a pretty good life.And wear jeans to work. And thats the truth...

Total tool looking for flamebait!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back