• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking into Charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been on vacation this past week and I'd like to thank everybody for the helpful advice! It's a big confidence booster and thats what I us young (just turned 22 in July...you hit the young part right on the nose) pilots with modest experience need the most I think. I've seen numbnuts and knuckleheads getting hired on at airlines with less than 600 hours and it makes me shudder. They aren't hired...they buy their jobs. No disrespect to the people coming through those academies...but I hope a special place is reserved in hell for the people taking the $100k/each from these young kids at places like "Joe's Airline Academy" and what not.

I appreciate the great leads and I've even had a chance to correspond with some great people. A few know of the same places I do and know some of the same people which is very cool to me. I wish everyone the best and hope everybody finds what they're looking for. I had a Beechjet pilot tell me in Indy a few weeks ago that "the only people he's seen not get what they wanted are the ones that quit" and I'm certainly no quitter.

No flame wars either...being a young and/or low seniority pilot blows. Low pay, long hours. Even if you get the hours...low pay :) Second jobs are okay, I've got two "second" jobs ;) Cheers.

Latest resources

Back