Looking for working in the Atlanta Area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rpatte1637

I am a 42 year old returning college student completing the last 20 hours of my BS in Aviation Science and need to complete 720 hours of co-operative work experience in an aviation related position, perfer pilot but also completing dispatch course for school now. I am commercial SEL instrument with 26 hour in a duchess (waiting on checkride), 436 TT, 365 PIC, 84 instrument, 57 night, 113 cross country. I have tried with places like CorpJet, Skydiving, Airnet, ASA, etc, but I either don't meet there minimums, they don't have internship or co-operative work study with UVSC or thier insurance require 1,000 hours minimum. Any one have any ideas? Can't do CFI until August when student aid starts for next year.

Thanks for the help everyone
Scott Patterson

I may have missed something but why can you not instruct and get paid for it until next year? Seems to be a good bit of instructing jobs in the Atlanta area and with your time that probably seems to be the best option.

Looking for work in Atlanta

Thanks for the reply Mason. Currently I work full time at a youth detention center (Kiddy jail, not the most pleasant or best paying job in the world), go to school full time, have a family to support, a home and cars to pay for like most of us here, so funds are short for flying. I have completed the written portions of both the CFI and CFII, and plan to finish the practical ASAP. I had planed to complete my CFI and CFII this semester after my multi rating, but 10 hours turned to 15 hours to 20 hours and now to 25 and 1 instructor turned to 3. With the extra expense, the extra financial aid money that I had planned to use to complete my CFI went to finish my multi. So now I will probably have to wait until Fall semester to complete my CFI when next year's financial aid kicks in.

Ok, makes sense now. You shouldn't have too much problem getting an instruction gig in the area and of course that can lead into bigger and better things. PM me for more info.

Latest resources

Back