• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

casper1nine

liberal radical party ldr
anybody have any leads they can share on corporate work in:

1. the salinas valley or monterrey county, ca.
2. reno, nv.
3. couer d'alene, id.
4. klamath falls, or.

i have several newly discovered siblings in these areas, and would enjoy relocating to spend some time with them.

regards,
-casper1nine

Newly discovered siblings!? That sounds like an interesting story.

1. Salinas- There are a few produce companies based there. Mostly King Airs and Citations. I used to spend a couple days a week on standby at both Salinas and Monterey (I spent A LOT of time at both). That was 2 years ago but I'm sure it hasn't changed much. It seemed like a tough nut to crack but you won't know 'til you try!

2. ???

3. Idaho is my second home but I don't know much about corp stuff in Couer d'alene.

4. One of the best corp gigs in the U.S. used to be in Klamath... then they got a new CP and it was all down hill after that.

Reno - Try Avantair, flying Piaggio Avantis out of Reno.... dont quote me but I believe the schedule is a week on and a week off.

HMR, are you talking about Jeld-Wen in LMT?

I do know that they have 7 aircraft, 4-5 SPX's and 2-3 G200's with another one on the way (to replace an SPX).

Check out Swift Aviaiton out of PHX. I think they are hiring onto the Ultra/Encore and Citation X. I think they do a lot of flying for Flight Options.

thanks guys, keep 'em coming. uniting with these siblings of mine has been just a totally life changing experience.... it's like something from the freaking hallmark channel or something! anyway, i am still mulling over making the move, so your suggestions are appreciated.

thanks,
casper

Flying Illini said:
HMR, are you talking about Jeld-Wen in LMT? I do know that they have 7 aircraft, 4-5 SPX's and 2-3 G200's with another one on the way (to replace an SPX).
Jeld-Wen is the only game in K-Falls. However, I've had dealings with the chief pilot. He will never have hemorrhoids - he's what's known in the trade as a perfect rectal orifice.

'Sled

Last edited:
Lead Sled said:
Jeld-Wen is the only game in K-Falls. However, I've had dealings with the chief pilot. He will never have hemorrhoids - he's what's know in the trade as a perfect rectal orifice.

'Sled
I talked to a crew the other day, seems they fly quite a bit. What's wrong with the CP?

Flying Illini said:
I talked to a crew the other day, seems they fly quite a bit. What's wrong with the CP?
I don't have time to go into it, but extremely high turnover has been the result. Guys are afraid for their jobs. It's not a good situation at all.

I recommend Hillsboro Aviation or similar @ HIO. A lot of company manufacturing/HQ connections to southern/central california are in the NW OR and SW WA area. RON w/ Family in CA on the Co dime. PDX area and even Salem have alot of Corporate Gigs and one could connect to California and Tahoe very easily on SWA during time off. To live in Central CA, you would have fewer options other than the terrible drive to tahoe and cost of living is much higher. Horizon would get you to K-falls fairly easily as well out of pdx. I don't remember 14/21 day advance purchases being to high for a Corp Salary. Southern/Central Or is pretty dry territory for gigs but the skiing is nice and not too populated on the holidays and weekends if you do find a gig.

Start by searching landings a/c database for the aircraft you are typed and companies and addresses in OR. I would get a little background before blanketing resumes. There are alot of Corp HQ's in OR sheltering equipment from CA taxes.

ACM aviation in SJC has a large 135/91 frac operation as well as Monterey Jet and another FBO on the penninsula I cannot remember the name. A little crowded with a lame nightlife compared to the bay area. However, milder temps in summer, nice beaches close drive hwy101 and Tiger drops in a couple of times a year.

Congrats on your 'new' sibs and good luck!

100-1/2

Latest resources

Back