Looking for Vacation Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isla Mujeres

Try Isla Mujeres, it more real Mexico than Carribean. It's an island six miles north of Cancun (about 30 minutes by boat) and about 10 north of Cozumel, I think), yet far enough away to avoid all the tourists. Very relaxing and tranquil setting, post card perfect and excellent beaches, calm water on one side and waves on the other. Beautiful Carribean blue water. Snorkeling is awesome, diving is great, and they even have a swim with the dolphins thing set up. Best of all it's still pretty cheap. Look at Isla-mujeres.net for info and more links.

Playa del Carmen is just South of Cozumel, close to where fladaplane is talking about. It is about 30 miles south of Cozumel and only about 20 mile North of Belize. That whole area is very nice.

You get water that is as clear as the Caribbean (basically same waters) and it is a lot cheaper- or at least can be depending on where you stay.

They call that area "The Mexican Riviera" and for good reason.

You guys got me wanting to go on a trip now!!! :D

My wife and I went to Sandals resort at Antigua for our honeymoon last year. Great place and its ultra-inclusive. One lump sum up front pays for your room, food, drinks, tips, snorkeling, scuba, etc.
I don't know how it is now but when we went, there was practically nobody there (our honeymoon was 12 days after 9-11 so that's probably the biggest reason, no doubt).
If you don't want to be around kids, it is a good place because it is for couples only.
Don't know about swimming with the dolphins. You can swim with the jellyfish though. I had the misfortune of jumping right in the middle of a school of those things.

I live here in FLL and have been to all the islands. My wife is ready to move back to Wisc. to see and live in the snow...maybe we can work something out. No question about it ,St. Lucia, the dolphin thing can best be accomplished at Seaworld.

Latest resources

Back