Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

52Vincent

Worlds Fastest Motorcycle
Not sure what to do, offered class (Republic) beginning Sept.
I have read some older posts regarding their issues, but there has not been much lately. Following are a few items that caught my attention.

• Class in Aug. for 15 and only 2 show up.
  • Midwest pilots not accepting recalls, thus classes being offered.
  • Terrible contract
  • Terrible pay
  • F9 merger and tension between pilots
  • Probably much more I did not mention
I have never been in the 121 environment or member of a union for that matter, so a lot of this I barely understand even after reading many of the posts; however I have learned quite a bit. I am not current for quite a while, this is a chance to become current. I am older and in a position to do tackle this.

I miss flying but am tired of being laid off to many times the last few years.

They want a 2 year promissory note, prorated - This is a discussion for another thread altogether.

Do I really want to take another chance on flying?

I really want this thread to be about RAH. Hopefully, I can make a smart decision based on some great insight from RAH employees and members of this great community.

RAH and thought in the same sentence? Talk about an oxymoron.

Fubi, that avatar is hilarious. Nice to see some have not lost their sense of humor.

Honestly, you will hate life like never before if you come to work here. Horrible pay and contract are just the tip of the iceberg. As a junior FO on reserve, you will be abused in so many ways, that you will seriously regret accepting employment. I could drone on for several pages, but I just don't have the energy. I don't mean to come across as so negative, but we are having some serious issues that you should seriously consider before deciding to jump into the fray.

If you have a family, you WILL be away from them for MOST of the month. Reserves only get 11 days off a month, that coupled with having to commute across the country on your days off will eat up all of your free time. This alone is enough to destroy most marriages/relationships.

Honestly, you will hate life like never before if you come to work here. Horrible pay and contract are just the tip of the iceberg. As a junior FO on reserve, you will be abused in so many ways, that you will seriously regret accepting employment. I could drone on for several pages, but I just don't have the energy. I don't mean to come across as so negative, but we are having some serious issues that you should seriously consider before deciding to jump into the fray.

If you have a family, you WILL be away from them for MOST of the month. Reserves only get 11 days off a month, that coupled with having to commute across the country on your days off will eat up all of your free time. This alone is enough to destroy most marriages/relationships.

Ouch! That doesn't sound good! Hey, but you get to fly an awesome plane! :)

You have to make this decision for yourself. All regional airlines are the same. If you have come to this board looking for anything positive to be said, you will be disappointed. Just look at every thread on this site; nothing but negative. The people that may be happy at Republic, or any other regional do not post on this website.

With that being said, there are a lot of people unhappy at Republic and you're going to hear about it I can promise you that. Those are the same people that refuse to quit and are secretly hoping this Frontier thing works out in their favor. If you want to get experience, can possibly be based at home, have an understanding family, give it a shot. Only you can know whats best for you. I can promise you one thing, if you deny this employment opportunity in order to get hired at a "better" regional just give up now. They all suck.

This Midwest pilot hasn't been offered a recall yet. No one has, FAPA's lawsuit has delayed the integration further.

Latest resources

Back