Looking for other, more active Helicopter forums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SkyJockcl65

Wondering if anyone knows of any other, and perhaps more active helicopter forums. I am just beginning my Rotorwing add-on training, with the intent of pursuing the Helio side of the industry full time. I just retired after 20+ years in the fixed wing airline industry, and looking forward to the next chapter of my life, and I am interesting in input from others already in the industry.

Thanks

Haven't seen any, but I haven't really looked either. Good luck with the rotor, they are a blast. Besides my fixed wing flying I fly both MD500's and Bell 206's

Justhelicopters.com original forum makes this place look polite and well mannered. Their new forum is well suited to those new to helicopters and requires login--prevents the anonymous, profane and unprovoked attacks the site is known for.

Both Verticalreference and justhelicopters are good sites. Additionally, try aptap.org.

APTAP stands for "Army Pilot to Airline Pilot" and it has a lot of info for military rotary pilots going to the airlines. Most military rotary guys find themselves initially below hiring minimums as they continue to work their fixed wing time and ratings. Eventually, they make it to the job of their choice, but in the mean time, they augment their income with helo jobs. Lots of info about helo jobs is available on the site.

I'm hoping to find a job like KCSO780 must have. I want to continue flying both. I'm in a fairly unique position where I fly military planes for the USAF and helicopters for the local county. It is the best of all worlds.

Good luck SkyJock.

Kuma

Kuma- I have two passions, law enforcement and flying. I gave up airline flying to become a Deputy Sheriff. I am now flying both fixed wing and rotors in my departments air support unit. I love my job and not bad pay compared to RJ flying. 2007 I made 135k with overtime. Department pays 100% of my retirement which I can retire at age 50.

Last edited:
Kuma- I have two passions, law enforcement and flying. I gave up airline flying to become a Deputy Sheriff. I am now flying both fixed wing and rotors in my departments air support unit. I love my job and not bad pay compared to RJ flying. 2007 I made 135k with overtime. Department pays 100% of my retirement which I can retire at age 50.

My first career was Law Enforcement (Police Sergeant) and then went to the airlines. Now having completed 20 years with the airlines I am getting my Rotor-wing add on’s, and hope to, after gaining enough time and experience, to also fly for a PD – my first choice would be Fort Worth PD.

Also thanks to everyone who has responded to my original post/request.
Bruce

Latest resources

Back