Looking for info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GIVSP

My daughter is looking at becoming a flight attendant. She is 21 with zero experience in the field. Any professionls out there that could give some advice? Thanks

In a incredibly volatile industry, I would beg any relative, friend or anybody I care, to reconsider a career in the aviation industry. I am not just talking about whether that choice is to become a FA, a FO or Capt.. For those of us whom have been around for awhile, either involved with somebody who works in the back, or in the belly of the jets, is not secret (and sadly) the profession has become more of a trade with little and questionable financial rewards, deplorable schedules, sometimes (too often) poor accomodations. But worst than all is a constant exposure to a demanding public that often confuses low cost with low class. Tell her to be smart and choose wisely. That would be my advice to my daughter.

But then again, being a corporate FA can be a pretty good job. Pay in this area is $500 per day on a contract basis. FACTS training is a good place to start. Meet some of the local FAs and get some advice. Where are you located? Our FA started out that way.

Latest resources

Back