• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ProPilot5

Anyone have NetJets info:

Starting pay
What equiptment do they start you in or are you hiring into a plane?
Benefits
Per Diem
Work schedule? Is it 7on/7off?
What are people getting hired with?

Thanks for any and all info, especially any links.

ProPilot5 said:
Anyone have NetJets info:

Starting pay
Benefits
Per Diem

Thanks for any and all info, especially any links.
Conduct a search for this info - you'll find all of it. Also, look at airlinepilotpay.com under fractionals for all of the pay info. Starting pay is not good but a new agreement will be negotiated. Nice equipment though. Good luck.

I guess most people just pop into a forum for the first time, hit the "New thread" button, and don't bother to read what's already on the FIRST PAGE.....or simply do a search, and get the info they're looking for immediately. Probably just like one of those pilots that flips the switch on the radio and keys the mic at the same time, totally oblivious to the fact that somebody else is talking..

wannab0133 said:
or the typical whiner captain whining about nothing. relax.
If you've been in aviation any length of time....you'd know something...and that is that pilots must ALWAYS b!tch about something. Well, I'm not at work right now...so I have to find something. :D

Seriously, though...how f'in difficult is it to take 60 seconds to READ? Reading and comprehending the English language ARE pre-requisites for getting any certificate, after all.

Starting pay
Benefits
Per Diem
Here are some answers:
1. You start in anything they need you to, either the Ultra, Hawker 400, up to the falcon. It is completely random, previous types mean nothing. They don't care if you are typed in the plane already, they put you where there is a hole.
2. Benefits, 401K, match 50% of your first 15% of your pay, fully vested after 6 years. Aetna insurance, very good I think, you pay nothing except co-payments of 10 bucks or 20, can't remember for visit. Dental, vision, 100%.
3. Per diem: 1.60 when out of gateway per hour. I notice you're not asking for pay? I guess you already know the bad news. Be ready to make no more than 30K a year for......... a good length of time. You won't upgrade, put it that way. Your only hope is a new contract soon.
4. Schedule. Right now you will be on the 17 day schedule. you will not see a 7 and 7 for a LONG time, at least until the new contract, like your pay.
5. Mins? The bare minimum, since they are having trouble filling classes.

I know that upgrades to the left seat are slow but can you go to the right seat of another aircraft?

psysicx said:
I know that upgrades to the left seat are slow but can you go to the right seat of another aircraft?
Yes, after you complete you two year equipment lock, you may bid FO into another aircraft. But, If you bid FO into another aircraft, you will NEVER receive By-pass pay if someone junior to you is awarded captain. Its risky, considering once you complete your first two years, you'll be in the 3d yr pay scale. Currently, a 3d year FO is making 29K/ year. 3d year captain pay is 47K. Thats alot of money to pass up for another type.

As to the minimums to get hired...I just left company recurrent. There was an Indoc class of about 12. All but two or three were retired airline guys. That seems to be where the company is focusing its recruitment efforts. I guess 27K is enough to supplement their pension...if they still have one! I look forward to watching one of'em loading 3 SUV's worth of bags and ski's in the blowing snow in ASE only to see the owner tip the line guys...

LIVING THE DREAM!

I ran accross a guy the other day who has only been online a few months with NetJets, and he claimed that he had already made the Ultra Captain upgrade. I guess I just humored him and chuckled to myself as he stood there wearing 3 stripes on his sleeve. LOL Just out of curiosity, what is the most junior Captain at the Company. I have a friend who was hired with NetJets about 10 months ago who I have lost touch with.

Latest resources

Back