Looking for crew of SWA 1844 BHM-PHX Sun 12/13/09

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lamp,

Will stop by Lost and found in Dallas HHQ and see what I can find. Your above description will get me enough to start. No promises but will see what we can find.

Nope, SWA cannot find it, and sternly informed me via a phone call yesterday that "Since I was a non rev, they don't owe me any money"

Which is funny, because I don't care about money, I want my bag back.

I read the part where the fa checked it to the wrong city. Having said that, do you have the little stub (receipt) when the fa checked? You should of gotten a little stub. What city did the fa check it to?

I read the part where the fa checked it to the wrong city. Having said that, do you have the little stub (receipt) when the fa checked? You should of gotten a little stub. What city did the fa check it to?

She checked it to SLC. When I pointed out I was only going to PHX, she kept the little stub to give to the captain so he could give to the rampers in PHX and have them pull the bag.

I spoke with the captain on the flight and he remembers giving the claim checks to the rampers in PHX.

What a nightmare. I always shiver at the pile of orphan luggage sitting around. no one even guards it. terrible.

I totally understand the not wanting any compensation - just your freakin belongings!!

good luck.

Holy necropost, Batman.

Well, Southwest refused to pay. I filed a small claims court case and they didn't settle. It went to court and I won.

However, because I didn't have receipts for all my clothes, the liability was limited to $500.

In other news, I got a call from the Phoenix PD on Monday and they found my bag in this woman's house:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/02/11/20100211ABRK-stolen-airport-luggage.html

The bag was empty but I may get the bag itself back.

So if anyone ever tells you "Don't cause a scene, they'll cut our airlines pass agreement" don't listen to them.

Also, the judge said that an airline cannot waive liability for damage or lost goods, despite what their contract of carriage says. Southwest's contract of carriage didn't distinguish between nonrevs and regular pax anyway, but this is probably a useful FYI if your bag ever gets lost.

Back into my cave, just thought the followup would be of interest to you.

Thanks for the update - I'm glad you got something for your efforts.

First off let me say it sucks your bag was lost. I am confused why the judge awarded you money when you were jumpseating? Airlines are not responsible for loss or damages when pilots or FA's are riding for free. Also are you now going to reimburse SWA now that you found out it wasn't SWA but some lady from mesa that took your goods?

Last edited:
I wonder if this thought ever crossed your mind...If I sue Southwest Airlines for a lost bag, will they ever offer me an interview?

Latest resources

Back