Looking for C-17 crew for Navy airshow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mudkow60

Any C-17 pilots/aircrewmen - I am looking for a C-17 to be a static display at the Blue Angle Airshow in November, at NAS Pensacola, FL. Rooms and transportation provided.

Reply if intreasted. Should be a good time.

Don't have a C-17 sqdn phone number. If you can give me one, I can invite them. Otherwise, I have not AF connections.

Hmmmmm . . . . . Let's see . . . . a Naval Officer and airshow coordinator who has no idea of how to get in touch with a USAF unit? What? No base operator that can give you a phone number to a USAF base? No military internet connection to find out the same thing? No other fellow officers in your squadron, including the XO or squadron commander, that can do the same thing? Reduced to advertising on a public BB?

Sorry, but I seriously question this posters veracity.

I would advise against anyone supplying him any information, phone numbers, and/or locations of any military unit whatsoever.

Last edited:
By looking at your flight experience, I can assume that you are Air Force- I AM an Naval officer, and a pilot, and do take offence to the tone of your e mail response. I thought that this was a web site were people could share info on aviation related topics, and was posting the request as an invite to a great air show.

I have many individual unit points of contact, and already have many Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine, and civilian statics slated to participate. Unfortunately, I do not have a C-17 squadron, as they have not participated in any of our previous air shows.

If you choose to flame me in another e mail, be sure and show up to the show in November, and I will be happy to provide my credentials if any doubt on your part still exists.

CHILL OUT

Mudkow:

I woudn't sweat what Draginass is saying. You are looking for genuine help and he is offering none!! More like being a D--k. I am at VT-4, we don't have any 17 guys, but VT-10 might. They might be able to hook you up with some of their old squadrons. If that does not work, PM me and I will give you a name of a guy over at the WING.

Reading your credentials, I believe it as the SAR Helo Bubbas always coordinate the BA Homecoming airshow.

IP

Thanks-

I was just a bit fired up at his lack of tact. I will try VT-10.

I fly for SAR, so we have probably crossed paths. I am the statics coordinator, so if anyone has an urge to fly their fleet aircraft to the show, hit me with an e.

Thanks,

Matt

Call Wing Scheduling

Mud,
Have the operator connect you with Charleston AFB, SC base operator and ask to be connected with the Airlift Wing Scheduling Office. They should be able to help or at least point you in the right direction. Cheers...

mudkow60,

ExAF is correct with the office. Try the Charleston operator at DSN 673-1110. Ask them to connect you to Wing Scheduling. If Charleston Wing Scheduling says the are unable to support the show, you can also call McChord AFB and Altus AFB.

Yahtz

Last edited:
Just my opinion

Do you write FITREPS the same way you write on this board? I have been known to drink and type (and dial for that matter) but,

How do you say 'intreasted'?

'I AM an Naval officer'

'Otherwise, I have not AF connections.'

It's all good man, but simple spell checking and proper English is just something ya gotta do. Not trying to hurt your feelings, but maybe someone needs to point that out to you. Put that ROTC/Canoe U education to use.

The AF always represents well at airshows. Does the A-10 demo team still wear those cool embroidered flight suites? Man they look cool. Not like my oil stained, ripped suit I wore. How do they do it?

Latest resources

Back