Looking for answers at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

Just noticed that I haven't read any "Fleet watch" articles in a while describing the latest addtion to the fleet. I heard as few as 25 and as many as 38 new A/C going into 2006... where are we with all that.

I remember something about orders being moved to next year etc. I now think that was a nice way for us to forget and what they meant to say was that orders are being postponed indefinately.

Also noticed that we have stopped running ground schools this month to "catch up with training."

The 26% cut in CVG most likely means ASA will not be in CVG or in a small capacity. Which I'm guessing would indicate the elimination of a lot of 4 day lines that bounce through CVG.

I'm putting this all together and wondering... Did ASA just hit the wall? Furlough? Loss of lines so back to reserve? No new planes/ no upgrade?

Crash Pad said:
Just noticed that I haven't read any "Fleet watch" articles in a while describing the latest addtion to the fleet. I heard as few as 25 and as many as 38 new A/C going into 2006... where are we with all that.

I remember something about orders being moved to next year etc. I now think that was a nice way for us to forget and what they meant to say was that orders are being postponed indefinately.

Also noticed that we have stopped running ground schools this month to "catch up with training."

The 26% cut in CVG most likely means ASA will not be in CVG or in a small capacity. Which I'm guessing would indicate the elimination of a lot of 4 day lines that bounce through CVG.

I'm putting this all together and wondering... Did ASA just hit the wall? Furlough? Loss of lines so back to reserve? No new planes/ no upgrade?

I think it might be one of the following, growth, nothing or furloughs. That help any?

Growth if anything. There saying an additional 20 cities for us by years end. They are shrinking the CVG hub, and growing the ATL hub.

That's what ATL needs . . . more flights. Aren't you guys pretty maxed out on gate space already?

I don´t think they meant 20 New cities, just 20 cities that will have increased flying out of ATL since CVG will not have the flights.
As for slow growth....they supposedly postponed the a/c deliveries b/c we were so backed up in training. There is some optimism from the training dept that we will still get those a/c. Personally I think they will be used to whipsaw ASA and Skywest in the new and improved Skywest Inc. family! Can both pilots groups stand together and prevent this? I´ve seen ASA do this moer than once and now I´m hoping Skywest pilots can help hold the line!!!

So Delta does a major reduction at a hub and ASA expands. While I appreciate everyones opptimism I think we might be a little high on the outlook.

What's that thing about sh*t rolling?

Ty Webb said:
That's what ATL needs . . . more flights.

I think the driving factor is, if there is not an hour long money line for departures, there are not enough flights being scheduled.

Crash Pad said:
So Delta does a major reduction at a hub and ASA expands.

What's that thing about sh*t rolling?
The Regional guys have been trying for a level playing field. Ironically, the Delta MEC is responsible for the "downhill" where their flying is headed. By keeping us separate, the Delta MEC has created and fostered the low cost alter ego alternatives.

My understanding of the actual numbers is that Comair and ASA are both losing flying. Chautaugua / Mid Atlantic / Republic and Mesa / Freedom are picking up over 11,000 hours a month after October.

I find it hard to believe that SkyWest would have bought ASA knowing that there was a major reduction in schedules coming, unless it was in preparation for another codeshare (which I highly doubt).

I still maintain that CHQ's 170 growth for DL will come at the expense of their existing 135/145 flying. Maybe not today but eventually, especially with Mesa in the picture.

Bring on more flying to ATL we can handle it. I really mean it. I would much rather have more flights out of ATL even if it means more delays. Anyways who cares if we are late as long as we get the flying. I would much rather be late than see a reduction in the lines.

Latest resources

Back