• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Looking for answers at ASA

Crash Pad

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Posts
1,720
Total Time
40,000
Just noticed that I haven't read any "Fleet watch" articles in a while describing the latest addtion to the fleet. I heard as few as 25 and as many as 38 new A/C going into 2006... where are we with all that.

I remember something about orders being moved to next year etc. I now think that was a nice way for us to forget and what they meant to say was that orders are being postponed indefinately.

Also noticed that we have stopped running ground schools this month to "catch up with training."

The 26% cut in CVG most likely means ASA will not be in CVG or in a small capacity. Which I'm guessing would indicate the elimination of a lot of 4 day lines that bounce through CVG.

I'm putting this all together and wondering... Did ASA just hit the wall? Furlough? Loss of lines so back to reserve? No new planes/ no upgrade?
 

Smacktard

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 28, 2003
Posts
967
Total Time
4000+
Crash Pad said:
Just noticed that I haven't read any "Fleet watch" articles in a while describing the latest addtion to the fleet. I heard as few as 25 and as many as 38 new A/C going into 2006... where are we with all that.

I remember something about orders being moved to next year etc. I now think that was a nice way for us to forget and what they meant to say was that orders are being postponed indefinately.

Also noticed that we have stopped running ground schools this month to "catch up with training."

The 26% cut in CVG most likely means ASA will not be in CVG or in a small capacity. Which I'm guessing would indicate the elimination of a lot of 4 day lines that bounce through CVG.

I'm putting this all together and wondering... Did ASA just hit the wall? Furlough? Loss of lines so back to reserve? No new planes/ no upgrade?


I think it might be one of the following, growth, nothing or furloughs. That help any?
 

bailout

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2001
Posts
988
Total Time
3.5
Growth if anything. There saying an additional 20 cities for us by years end. They are shrinking the CVG hub, and growing the ATL hub.
 

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Joined
Dec 10, 2001
Posts
6,525
Total Time
11000+
That's what ATL needs . . . more flights. Aren't you guys pretty maxed out on gate space already?
 

Sinca3

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 10, 2001
Posts
666
Total Time
unknwn
I don´t think they meant 20 New cities, just 20 cities that will have increased flying out of ATL since CVG will not have the flights.
As for slow growth....they supposedly postponed the a/c deliveries b/c we were so backed up in training. There is some optimism from the training dept that we will still get those a/c. Personally I think they will be used to whipsaw ASA and Skywest in the new and improved Skywest Inc. family! Can both pilots groups stand together and prevent this? I´ve seen ASA do this moer than once and now I´m hoping Skywest pilots can help hold the line!!!
 

Crash Pad

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Posts
1,720
Total Time
40,000
So Delta does a major reduction at a hub and ASA expands. While I appreciate everyones opptimism I think we might be a little high on the outlook.

What's that thing about sh*t rolling?
 

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Joined
Oct 12, 2003
Posts
5,125
Total Time
4000
Ty Webb said:
That's what ATL needs . . . more flights.

I think the driving factor is, if there is not an hour long money line for departures, there are not enough flights being scheduled.
 

~~~^~~~

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 21, 2001
Posts
6,137
Total Time
7,500+
Crash Pad said:
So Delta does a major reduction at a hub and ASA expands.

What's that thing about sh*t rolling?
The Regional guys have been trying for a level playing field. Ironically, the Delta MEC is responsible for the "downhill" where their flying is headed. By keeping us separate, the Delta MEC has created and fostered the low cost alter ego alternatives.

My understanding of the actual numbers is that Comair and ASA are both losing flying. Chautaugua / Mid Atlantic / Republic and Mesa / Freedom are picking up over 11,000 hours a month after October.
 

sweptback

Guess that wasn't solid
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Posts
1,876
Total Time
.
I find it hard to believe that SkyWest would have bought ASA knowing that there was a major reduction in schedules coming, unless it was in preparation for another codeshare (which I highly doubt).

I still maintain that CHQ's 170 growth for DL will come at the expense of their existing 135/145 flying. Maybe not today but eventually, especially with Mesa in the picture.
 

kikejavy

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Posts
46
Total Time
4000+
Bring on more flying to ATL we can handle it. I really mean it. I would much rather have more flights out of ATL even if it means more delays. Anyways who cares if we are late as long as we get the flying. I would much rather be late than see a reduction in the lines.
 

Tomct

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Posts
2,062
Total Time
11000+
:cool:Heard from one of the chief pilots that the E170's that are at shuttle america were suppose to come to ASA, but we were LOW BALLED! They only make what our 50 seat guys make to fly those things....apparently! I think that we will see more growth and it is going to be with 70's or bigger! Not necessarily a good thing! Take that FWIW!
 

Headfake14

646 3A
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Posts
821
Total Time
10000+
...just to veer off the RJ for a minute...we have 12 ATRs and we own 4 of them, the others are leased...of the 4 owned ATRs we have, 640-643...we've noticed the registrations are now the temp. pink ones with a new owner...and that would be Delta Airlines Inc.

What does that mean.

my guess is when the leases are up on the other 8...if they get rid of the ATRs, DAL would lease 640-643 and make a few bucks off them.
 

Jetpig

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Posts
65
Total Time
5500
I think that means Skywest did not want to own them.
 

asaflyer

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 29, 2002
Posts
88
Total Time
a few
Ty Webb said:
That's what ATL needs . . . more flights. Aren't you guys pretty maxed out on gate space already?



They don't need no stinking gates. (Said with a heavy hispanic accent)
 
Last edited:

sleddriver77

Reformed Bush Pilot
Joined
Feb 16, 2002
Posts
276
Total Time
10000+
Tomct said:
:cool:Heard from one of the chief pilots that the E170's that are at shuttle america were suppose to come to ASA, but we were LOW BALLED!


Suuuuuuurrrre they were. Ya' know, ya hear all kindsa sh!t out there, don'tcha?
 
Top