• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for an old Politically Incorrect UAL poem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, that's it. I have it saved from years ago but User 912 never responded to my PM request in post #6. When I first read it years ago it struck a nerve with me. In the mid/late 80's I was at a "commuter" (as they were called then) trying hard to get the big major job. I was a Capt on the Metroliner and flew with many low time new-hires. More times than I can count they were back out the door (very often, United) while I just struggled to land an interview. I did eventually get my big job and it worked out well for me.

The responses to this inquiry are the reason we can't have nice things.

P.S., UAL almost lost a 747 on takeoff from SFO after an engine failed and the female FO got within about 150' of terrain. I doubt she was military, she probably would have been a competent pilot. . . . and, no, I'm not ex-military.

Wow! It wasn't a female FO. It was an ex military, ex TWA male FO. And yes, depending on who you ask, the 747 came within 5 to 150 feet of Mt. San Bruno. That event was so egregious United retrained the whole seniority list on non standard engine out procedures.

Hope this helps.

It was a military F/0 who broke the fin off the AA Airbus. That's quite a contrast to the stories that abound about civilian females.
glasspilot1: There was nothing in my box

It was a military F/0 who broke the fin off the AA Airbus. That's quite a contrast to the stories that abound about civilian females.
glasspilot1: There was nothing in my box

I think the stories about civilian females are more a testament about those that tell them than it is about civilian females.

I think the stories about civilian females are more a testament about those that tell them than it is about civilian females.

I think the fact that they’ll get you canned faster than a Holocaust joke and people will only share them privately tells you there’s something to them.

I think the fact that they’ll get you canned faster than a Holocaust joke and people will only share them privately tells you there’s something to them.

This is yet another example of the failure of that inane mental masturbation exercise known as "Political Correctness" rather than a reflection on the quality of any pilot group. No one cares if the male FO scares the crap out of you-unless it happens to be a male with fair skin and two Christian, GOP voting parents that he knows-they are the majority and must be stomped out along with their priviledge with extreme prejudice!

Any other group and all bets are off. I dare you to report the rare (because there are so few of them who really are that bad) female that is so bad that Pro Standards should pay them a visit and counsel them on their job choice...

as if anyone in Pro Standards from the politically correct and identity politics driven Union would ever actually have the intestinal fortitude to make such a visit!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back