Looking for an old Politically Incorrect UAL poem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

user912

Back in the late nineties /early 2000; definitely pre-9/11 there was a popular poem going around on the old AOL aviation boards. Affirmative Action hiring was what everyone was talking about when they had nothing else to talk about.

This poem was told from the perspective of a self deprecating female pilot. She said United hired Debbie, Tyrone, and Abdul Raheet. It concluded with her saying that she lost an engine on take off and the plane veered left and right until the day was saved by her captain who used to be a freight dawg (how'd he get hired if the rest was true?)

Anyhoo. Can't find it anymore but it would be a useful history lesson if anyone has it.

Yes, also Delta and more recently FedEx.
I'm not trying to debate the merits of hiring any group here. Just documenting attitudes

The responses to this inquiry are the reason we can't have nice things.

P.S., UAL almost lost a 747 on takeoff from SFO after an engine failed and the female FO got within about 150' of terrain. I doubt she was military, she probably would have been a competent pilot. . . . and, no, I'm not ex-military.

Yes but a lot of pilots used to say you could cross the Rockies on a pogo stick just jumping from one united crash site to another.

Morbid curiosity has me wanting to read it as well.

Latest resources

Back