looking for a job in mid east reg.!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

000pilot

Hi Guys. anyone could shed a light for a job in Mid east region or far east?
In next couple months I will travel to Emirates. Does anyone knows about the job market ?
However i'm from the same region ,but i got no experience in this field ,since i've being here for a long time.
Should i start sending app's from here or go there and simply knock the doors???
would you tell me a few names or web sites?What are the minimums?
Are there any small regionals /cargo haulers over there just to start with them Quickly?
I'm btw canadian citizen also would that be any advantage to me. thanks everyone for the advise.

P.s 3200/1200 /800 turbine (BE90's-300)

Emirates is interviewing 24 pilots per week up until the beginning of Ramadan. They plan on hiring about 250 next year, 180 in 2004, and 150 in 2005. Beyond that they are increasing the fleet from a current 42 aircraft to around 100 by 2010. On-line application is via their website. Up until recently you needed about 3000 PIC jet over a certain weight, but now they are looking at guys without PIC time. Still, the low time guy there last week had over 5000 hours total and good airline experience.

If you are a citizen of the UAE then the story would be different. They would probably interview you right away.

Gulf Air has also been hiring, but I'm not sure of the numbers. There is some info on pprune about Gulf Air and Qatar Airways. Oman is another option.

The Far East is another story. While China Airlines and EVA are advertising, they seem to want experience on type even for the F.O. positions. Besides being an F.O. there would try your patience. Cathay IFALPA still has the hiring ban in place so that is a bit dodgy. Dragonair is reportedly hiring, but it seems to be a tough nut to crack unless you're British.

Hope that helps.

Typhoonpilot

I see that you have flown the 208, there is a new company in Dubai called Emarat Link that flies 208s on floats between DXb and AUH. They have a new terminal that floats on the creek.
There are jobs to be had in the Emirates, but remember its a British town. There are Americans that fly down there, but the vast majority are brits, aussies, kiwis and Safricans.
Also keep in mind the locals resent the fact that America props up the occupation regime in Palestine, and you may find you have a hostile reception. Can;t hurt to try though, you may get lucky!

Go to www.pprune.com and enter the Forums section. You might get some good advice on that board.

The PPRuNe site is more geared towards flying outside of the United States.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back