• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for a good roller bag....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would stick with a PNS bag. I have had several others and they only lasted a fraction of the time. the one I got from RTS didn't last a week. Work off those crew meals humping a few extra pounds. It's good for you.:D

I've had the same PNS bag since 1999 with constant hard regional airline use - it's had the crap kicked out of it and been back to the factory twice to be rebuilt. It's been doused in type I deice fluid, run over by a tug, etc. Great bag!

I'm considering finally buying a new one because I'm getting comments on how bad my bag looks - - it's pretty rough looking, but it still works.

I did the LL Bean one. Lifetime warranty--no questions-
If Something isnt right-just call order a new one-put it on credit card-2 days later a new bag shows up-put the old one in the box and put the sticker on it. Credit card get reimbursed. I am on my 4th one now in 6 yrs.

I got the PNS in 2001 and still have it. It's built like a tank and very heavy. It will last many more years, but I don't like it. It's a tank....... I dont drive a tank.
I had a Travel Pro that that was my favorite. It was good for 4 years and feel that a new TravelPro every 3 or 4 years better than the tank for 10+ years.
It's heavy when empty.

HEADWIND

Ok, I'm trying to decide between the 22" or the 26" stealth NG PNS bag. The only question I have is has anyone ever been denied the tall 26" bag as a carry on? I don't want to spend 300 bucks just to find out later that I bought the wrong bag.

Most of the guys I talk to say that they have no trouble using the 26" as a carry-on, at least while in uniform. Obviously it has to go into the bin sideways, so there has to be a lot of room. The 22" will go in wheels-first in most overheads.

That said, a lot of guys check their bag; I do that pretty frequently, particularly if some catered wine gets left behind during the work week. :D I have my 22" PNS that I love, but it's too heavy, and doesn't hold enough. I'm looking to get a bigger, lighter bag that I'll probably just always check when I'm airlining.

Latest resources

Back