• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for a good roller bag....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i too have the regular metal framed PNS bag, the stealth, but just not as large as yours. it fits into all the overheads (except the barbie jet of course). Has a very strong handle and has lasted me many years. Why would you want something else? It's weight should not be an issue since it's got wheels. It's not like you're hoisting the bag over your shoulder or anything. I carry a weeks worth of cloths, a computer bag, and a flight kit all strapped on it and I can pull it with one finger.

Weight is of concern for those of us not on a standard bag weight program. The cargo compartments of some of the small fractional airplanes are, well, small.

I have NEVER been turned away while airlining with my 27". As long as you're in uniform, they could care less. It fits in all the overheads except for the RJs.

Weight IS the only issue and as dumb as it may sound to you, I would love to have a bag that weighs half as much.

Hey folks. I must have clicked on at least 500 websites over the last week looking for a good roller bag. I currently have a 27" PNS bag that I love but it's just too damn heavy. When I look at the different sites, most of the bags weigh around 9 pounds. My metal framed PNS weighs over 15 pounds.

But now I'm running into a problem finding a bag that meets all of the things I'm looking for.

-Good wheels
-strong handle
-big enough to hold cloths for 7 days (a 22" roller isn't big enough)
-a good warranty
-light weight

So does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks!

Get the 23" pns, I have had mine for 12 years and would never switch to anything else, I can make it through a month in the 23", just don't bring stuff you will never use, it makes life easy, but the pns steel frame bags rule, don't be a whimp, use your pns bag as a workout if you have a problem, but I have never had to check my bag and it still looks new

Hey does that 27" fit into airline overhead compartment? I'm in the market for the same thing.

Yes, but it takes the whole length of the bin, my 23" go's in wheels first and then I have room for my computer and book bag, and I then have my own bin, the 27" uses the whole bin

My 19" ABS PNS has withstood most everything, even keeping most of the contents in after NWA put a forklift through it. It was a $70 repair that NWA paid (I was traveling revenue) with a loaner bag for a week. I now have the 22" and it is just as durable, although NWA won't get their chance at it until next week.

Briggs & Riley. Lifetime warranty even for airline damage. Everything covered no matter what. You could run over it in you car and it is still covered for free for life!!!

my american touristor lastest a lot longer than my travel pro. Besides people thinking I am cheap, I am going on two years with it and it was only 39.99 or 49.99. I either bought it at Kohls or walmart I think. My travel pro lasted less than a year and it was junk the wheels broke, the zippers feel off and it was close to a $200 bag so i was not too happy with that brand.

Latest resources

Back