1851 E 1st Street , Santa Ana , CA , 92705
TELEPHONE/FAX:
714.560.7744 / Fax 714.560.7743

EMAIL:
[email protected]

DATE:
Wednesday, September 11, 2002

COMMENTS:
Candidates are required to assist in flight trials Remote Controlled Aircraft. You should be a holder of a Private Pilots License, and be instrument rated. The company is based in Southern California . You role is to demonstrate the flight capabilities of the aircraft to potential buyers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, could anyone please explain why you would need an instrument rating to fly an RC Airplane?? Is the job market for RC flyers really this competative?? :rolleyes:

The user is probably controlling the aircraft through a flight station equipped with instrumentation. I don't think they're talking about a toy RC airplane here, if you get the drift.

If there are enough applicants, do you think that applicants will be required to PFT???:D :D :D

MetroSheriff said:
If there are enough applicants, do you think that applicants will be required to PFT???:D :D :D

Don't forget to add $50 for the application fee.

dav8or said:
Don't forget to add $50 for the application fee.

Actually, my understanding is that they are only accepting resumes thru UPAS. So you have to join UPAS first to the tune of $250.00.

The simulator evaluation is being outsourced to FSI and that will cost $475.00.

STI is providing background checks for $159.99.

Equifax will handle your credit check. If you have already gotten your free credit report for the year, that wil be 34.99.

You will also be required to bring a copy of your entire Airman Record. Available from OKC if you send a check for $10.00 for copying costs.. The balance will be returned to you with your Airman Record in 4 to 6 weeks.

BTW, rumor has it there are over 8500 resumes currently on file.

TIC
;)

Last edited:
AZaviator said:
OK, could anyone please explain why you would need an instrument rating to fly an RC Airplane?? Is the job market for RC flyers really this competative?? :rolleyes: [/B]
Can't say why the ratings are required, but apparently these things are becoming more prevalent. I had a buddy intercepted by one near the TX coast. He was moving along at a pretty good clip in his RV-6 and had the thing pull up a couple hundred feet off his wing. It pulled away then circled around and passed him again. I'd guess they're being used to look for drug smugglers.

Re: Re: Look at the requirements for this job!?

aggiepilot87 said:
...had the thing pull up a couple hundred feet off his wing. It pulled away then circled around and passed him again.

He should have gotten the N # and then called the feds and reported 'em as being in violation of 91.13 Careless and Reckless.

:D

Doggone U.S. Customs R/C pilots.

LOL

Actually, in addition to 91.13(a), that would also be a violation of 91.111(a)&(b) (Operating near other aircraft).

I say we shoot them, just to be safe.

I have been flying models for about 15 years.

A friend of mine had a J-3 and I had a 1/5 scale J-3, well we were going to fly the little J-3 next to the big J-3.

Hey, I lose enough airplanes from the regular attrition with models flying, I figured I would leave the FAA out of me losing another. I can see the local news, more at 11..........

Anyone try this before?

And Avbug, your right, shootem just to be safe.

Latest resources

Back