Longest Time Between Flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Charlie Brown

Just wondering what the longest time you guys have gone between flights is? How was it getting back to the swing of things when you returned?

I quit a regional and didn't fly for over 2 years after the birth of my triplets. To get current again, I went to ALL-ATP's and got my ATP cirtificate. I've been flying full time ever since.

i've gone 20 days between trips in the summer months, once the door is closed,and the engines are spooled up it all comes back pretty quickly.

Was on strike for 89 days plus another month to get sequenced for training. Got in the sim and it came back about halfway through the first sim.

Heyas,

It's been over 2 years for me. Don't miss it.

Every once in a while I mull over going back or even getting checked out at the local club, but I usually can find better things to do with $300 than 1.5 in a C-172.

Nu

Went 5 months between dispalcement/furlough. Was a little nervous to get in the sim. Hadn't flown in a while, new airplane, new company. Like the other guys said, it comes back pretty quickly.

I have on occasion had vacation periods between 3 weeks and 6 weeks. I brain dump alot on those. When I come back after those, I feel like I'm in outer space for about the first 10 minutes of sitting in the airplane. Plus all the Jepp revisions that need to be done, arrgh.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back