• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Long sleeve and/or year-round jackets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"my main concern would be the company's uniform; I'm hearing it varies from company to company on FOM policy."

NO

In reality, at least on the regional level, it varies from pilot to pilot.

JECKEL said:
In reality, at least on the regional level, it varies from pilot to pilot.

okay, i just don't want to spend 50k in training and realize that i can't land at least a regional job because of tattoos that are only visable with a short sleeve shirt. :eek:

and so you're saying, this statement isn't totally true then: "If you get caught wearing a longsleeve in summer while working for any regional, your pay will be docked to around $1,600/mo"

Last edited:
surefly said:
and so you're saying, this statement isn't totally true then: "If you get caught wearing a longsleeve in summer while working for any regional, your pay will be docked to around $1,600/mo"

Untrue.
He's just pullin' your chain.

As long as you're in uniform, you should be fine. Long sleeve or short sleeve is a matter of personal preference. It's no different than someone who has a bad scar from a burn or some birthmark on their arm that makes them feel self-conscious. If you want to rock the long sleeve, thats fine. It can get chilly in those airconditioned cabins and some guys/gals prefer the long sleeve.

surefly said:

Actually, you will be making about $1600/mo regardless of your sleeve length. Have fun.

Sleeve issue

Surefly,

I fly for a Regional Carrier (When not deployed) and the issue of exposed tattoos is covered in our ops spec manual. No exposed tattoos while wearing a "Normal" uniform. We are required to wear the jacket during winter months (Nov thru Apr). Long sleeves are up to you. If your "tattoos" are exposed, you may have a problem. Mine are not. :). I hope this answers your questions. If you need more answered, PM me.

Good Luck.

I wear long sleeves in the summer when I run out of short sleeved, and have never had a problem. There's no rule where you have to wear short sleeved, it's just that a coat is required in the winter months. You'll be fine.

I believe it states in our FOM that you cannot wear long sleaves without the uniform jacket.

And a dark sweater

Our company will permit a dark sweater (blue or black) with our uniform in lieu of the jacket.

If you wear long sleves in the cockpit...our SOP is to point and laugh.
That also goes for guys that wear their wings on their shirt.

Latest resources

Back