Long Island Sound LR-35 Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XTW said:
I only recall the two mentioned in this string so far. When was the 3rd?

I was based there in the late '80's, that's why I was asking when you were there. Did you work for J.R or B.W.?

X

Worked for both, and a cessna 182 crashed last summer in heavy fog. All 4 killed on board, I ended up having to divert that day to PVD because they took the ILS out of service for a couple days.

joepilot29 said:
Just found out on the local news that my boss at my part time construction job was one of the survivor's. Also the project manager I used to do estimates for was one of the other's. Feel bad for the pilots. Just what I need before my American Eagle interview on Monday.

How is knowing people that survived a plane crash going to give you bad JU-JU for your American Eagle interview?

Cheesus Crust, grow a pair...people live and die at the turn of a wheel every day.

Here's something to drive you nuts...I like to call it "running the yellow light".

You're driving down the street and you have the time to stop or run the yellow light. What if you stop and get carjacked by a cannibalistic sadomasochistic freak while you are sitting there waiting at the light? What if you run the light and because you were up the road instead of waiting at the light, you get creamed by a cop car at the next intersection because of some high speed chase and die in the subsequent accident? You'll never know the what if.

What if? What if? What if...indeed.

FN FAL said:
How is knowing people that survived a plane crash going to give you bad JU-JU for your American Eagle interview?

Cheesus Crust, grow a pair...people live and die at the turn of a wheel every day.

Thanks there chief. This crash became real personal after the recent news. I have about 10 years invested in that company before I got into flying.

joepilot29 said:
Thanks there chief. This crash became real personal after the recent news. I have about 10 years invested in that company before I got into flying.
I here ya man...press on. It's ok to feel relief for your friends and sorrow for the flight crew, but this is one thing and that is another.

An observation....

Its always a tragedy when good men lose their life but from tragedy comes positive results .The loss of any pilot at KGON or any where else will surely assist the living in being better at their trade . I am sorry that folks here lost friends and co workers but we owe it to ourselves to speak the truth about these crashes despite the fact it may hurt . We owe it to others to learn by these mistakes . I will say without knowing those who passed away personally that they would surely want it that way. Vavso

Latest resources

Back