• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Long Haul Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info. I'm curious how decent the streaming will be on a slower broadband or even a wireless hotel connection.

Carry a copy of Richard S. Drury's book "Flightlines" (ISBN 0-9653993-9-7) in your brain bag. When it get's a bit much (and it will), read a chapter.

Rick is the Richard Bach (I can hear 99% saying "who?") of this decade.

Stories of flight and philosophy, Rick publishes in Airways magazine http://www.airwaysmag.com

Cpt. Underpants said:
Carry a copy of Richard S. Drury's book "Flightlines" (ISBN 0-9653993-9-7) in your brain bag. When it get's a bit much (and it will), read a chapter.

Rick is the Richard Bach (I can hear 99% saying "who?") of this decade.

Stories of flight and philosophy, Rick publishes in Airways magazine http://www.airwaysmag.com

Loved his articles in airways. Do you know who he flew for?

Reebo said:
Loved his articles in airways. Do you know who he flew for?

A-1's (Douglas Skyraider) in 'Nam, Flying Tigers, FedEx. I'd also recommend "My Secret War"... another great read of his.

cc

Yup - his last job was as a check airman on MD-11's with Fedex.

I had dinner with him in Hong Kong at Fat Angelo's (in TST) a few weeks before he retired. Now lives in FHR, next door to Ernie Gann's and operates a "nostalgia flight" business out of FHR. A truly memorable man.

slingbox is awesome (see previous post)....currently watching local news at home in Indiana while i am in hotel at LAX-- :)
good sound- good video--no skipping, no choppiness, etc

surf the net while watching home tv on laptop in hotel room--very cool (gadget freak must have)

Last edited:
Cool! No longer have to worry about which city to layover in during football season. Thanks for the info Semper.

Latest resources

Back