• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logging x-c time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand that its only one leg that needs to be 50 NM. After they put the night XC requirement in, I would always take my students to a field 55NM away, then make them land at every airport on the way home, just to get them practice with PCL, and night ops. I felt as though that worked pretty well, I have no beef with that. I was just wondering if he did it on both legs.

minitour said:
I thought the same thing until I read...
61.109(a)(5)(ii) One solo cross-country flight of at least 150 nautical miles total distance, with full-stop landings at a minimum of three points, and one segment of the flight consisting of a straight-line distance of at least 50 nautical miles between the takeoff and landing locations; and

I was shocked...it does say one segment.
That only applies to the so-called "long" solo cross country required for the private certificate, not to any of the other cross countries.

midlifeflyer said:
That only applies to the so-called "long" solo cross country required for the private certificate, not to any of the other cross countries.

Correct...................ooooooh...now I get what y'all're sayin' (double word score for "y'all're").

-mini

Latest resources

Back