• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logging Time: Each leg?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do it by day/aircraft swap. If we keep the same aircraft all day, that's one line. If not, each plane goes on a separate line.

I'm with most of the other replies. New line everytime I have an aircraft, day, or crew change (I like to be able to know how much I've flown with specific people).

One day at a time... I write multiple ship no's in the A/C no, but sometimes, only the first A/C number of that day. I also write the name of the other pilot in the remarks section, and ask him/her to sign it. Just kidding.

I must be the oddball here. I do one entry per month in my master logbook. The monthly times are backed up with a leg-by-leg printout from ADPL and logbook pro. I sure hope I'm not screwing myself in the future here...

I do it the long & painful way...each & every leg with the "N" number & A/C Serial Number. If anything, it is fun to look back on the flight history. It also made quite a positive impression at my last interview.

I log every leg, because I am trying to fill up my first log book (one of those thick ones) so I can put it in safe keeping. After it is full I will change to the daily/aircraft change method.

I do one entry per day. I use either the first a/c I flew, or the one I flew most that day (the rest are in my little black book if I need to know that). To/from is the city I started in and the one I RON. In the remarks, I list the individual flight numbers with the city pairs, and the unfortunate FO.

I just interviewed at Delta, and they didn't have a problem with it. He spent a good bit of time in there looking at how many Christmasses I'd flown.

Latest resources

Back