Logging part 121 SIC time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA44Jockey

I have a questions about how you log your time.

Does everyone log the PIC's name in their logbook when logging SIC? I never did this and now I am stuck wondering who I flew with. What should I do?

I asked an examiner about logging fight time and he says that he goes by what (United Airlines) likes to see which is daily logs with N numbers, times, approaches and who you flew with.

Who cares what that guy thinks? Unless he can come up with a reg which requires this, it is a waste of time. There are people who make one logbook entry per month, and include their entire month's hours on one line. As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with this.

-Why would the examiner possibly care? Sounds like he is simply being a weenie.

Next question is in regards to training events in the SIM. I don't even log SIM time, because I think it's pretty much useless. However, my last SIM check is proof of a BFR so is it sufficient to say that it's on file at my previous airline, or must it be in the logbook?

As far as the letter of the law, I think you'll need to hold on to your training records or your log your sim time in the logbook, but both is not required. Your copy of your training records would suffice proof of doing a BFR.

For those of you that fly the CRJ, what do you list for aircraft type?...
Cl-65 or CRJ 200, CRJ 700, etc. ?

Latest resources

Back