Logging Level D sim time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rod farva

How would you log a 4-eng turbine full motion, full vis sim? Would you log mutli-turbine, or just flight sim? Search function checked.

Thanks.

Also, is night time on NVG's loggable as night?

Level D sim time

Rod,

I log all my sim time under sim column, but not included in my totals. Officially the military counts sim time towards meeting min and totals. I used a blank column in my log book to log NVG vs "Un aided" night. I hope this helps.

A flight simulator, even the best of them, is not an aircraft, so you cannot log =any= form of "flight" time in them.

That "multi" column is a subcolumn of category and class of "aircraft" isn't it?

I have flow a ton of different sims, and that time has ONLY gone in the sim column. No where else. It's just sim time. That's it.

I log it under Sim, Simluated instrument, and approaches. Thats it.

Can anyone cite a reg for logging landings in a level D? I never log them because I can't find in the regs where it allows me to use it for currency. Also, where can someone reference information on what makes a sim level D. Is it just full motion?

MarineGrunt said:
Can anyone cite a reg for logging landings in a level D? I never log them because I can't find in the regs where it allows me to use it for currency.
I don't know about level D specifically, but you don't have to look any further than the currency regulation itself to find the simulator rule.

61.57(a)(3):

==============================
(3) The takeoffs and landings required by paragraph (a)(1) of this section may be accomplished in a flight simulator or flight training device that is -
(i) Approved by the Administrator for landings; and
(ii) Used in accordance with an approved course conducted by a training center certificated under part 142 of this chapter.
==============================

Thanks. Not sure how I missed that......

Latest resources

Back