• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's my strategy:

Starting a trip I bring a little notepad that notes:
Flight Time
Block Time
IMC
IAP
Day/Night

When I get home I go on ScrewTrac and compare the block times and throw all the numbers into the BIG BOOK.

Each leg btw.

Dont log instrument for every .006 for some wispy cloud you go through at FL 350 with the autopilot on. It's stupid and interviewers WILL pick up on it!

Easy there buddy. Every cloud you go through is.1. Didn't your instrument instructor teach you anything?

Easy there buddy. Every cloud you go through is.1. Didn't your instrument instructor teach you anything?

[the proverbial can and worms]

I've heard this from several pilots but can't seem to get an associated FAR/AIM reference. Does this mean if I'm in and out of clouds the entire length of a 1.2 hour flight and I fly through 15 clouds, I can log 1.5 hours of IMC?

*Question not meant to be taken seriously*

-Brett

I use one of those little trip log books to keep track of each leg. For my regular and electronic logbook I do daily total with legs flown in the remarks.

One advice, before you leave your current company get your log book in order since you won't have access to your company schedule afterwards.

[the proverbial can and worms]

I've heard this from several pilots but can't seem to get an associated FAR/AIM reference. Does this mean if I'm in and out of clouds the entire length of a 1.2 hour flight and I fly through 15 clouds, I can log 1.5 hours of IMC?

*Question not meant to be taken seriously*

-Brett
You can log IMC time anyway you please my man. I have yet to hear of any individual getting hired over another due to his superb IMC time.

Crew log book for the day to day,who you flew with, aircraft..etc.....at the end of the month total up the month and make an entry in your master logbook.I number the crew logbooks and make a ref in the master log if you want a specific.

Latest resources

Back