Loggable or not??...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CaptO'Brien said:
Does anyone have an answer to what i would mark this down in my log book as? i would rather not put in "aircam" in there...dont know if it makes much of a diffrence.
I'd just put it down as "Aircam". There's no reg saying you have to put "A-110" or "C-152" or anything like that. Put in what helps you remember it. All of my Seminole, Seneca and other piper time is listed as just that- "Seminole", "Sceneca" or whatnot- I certainly can't remember what's a PA44 or a PA38 or any number of Piper designations. Guess that makes me a Cessna guy.

Besides, when your interviewer sees "Aircam", that'll open the door for some interesting stories from you, always great for breaking the interview ice.

Aircam's are really cool aircraft.
Because each experimental aircraft can be registered several ways, the best way is to look up the registration number. I suspect it is "EXP", because even L-39 Albatrosses (sp???, anyone) are experimental jets.

What is the general rule for logging time in an ultra light or light sport aircraft? Does it just have to be registered? I was thinking of taking up ultralight flying one day and was curious.

I looked up one that was for sale, and the manufacturer name was the name of the builder, but the model was "AIRCAM"

When an experimental aircraft is built, the model designator is established by the manufacturer, which is not aircam, but the builder. In other words, one who builds an aircam, RV, or any other "homebuilt," can call it whatever they want, because they are the manufacturer. Many home builders simply call the aircraft by the kit manufacturer's name...but they could just as easily call it the Dingworthy Special, or the Bob-One.

Check the aircraft data plate, and the airworthiness certificate. The airworthiness certificate represents the birth certificate for that airplane, including its' legal name.

You're better off putting "aircam" or whatever the name of the aircraft is (as given by the builder), rather than putting an obscure designator (which probably does not exist), in your logs.

CaptO'Brien said:
...what is that gonna look like in my log book? thanks for your help!!
Based on the spell-checker smoke checking itself when I had it review your post, the outcome looks badly for you regardless of your experimental flying time.

Latest resources

Back