Logbooks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear60Guy

I'm about halfway through one of those small ASA standard log books. I like how the larger Jepp logbook divides columns up, as well as provides more blank ones for things like complex, high performance, turbine, etc. I have been thinking of switching to a new large jepp book, and placing my current one with all my sign-offs endorsements etc. in a safer place. My question is will anybody (like employers) look at me funny for not filling up a logbook before switching to a new one?

As long as you explain why you switched and there is no date gaps there shouldn't be any problem at all. They know that the starter logbooks don't have all the columns that better ones do.

I filled up every page of my Hello Kitty logbook before I went to the Jepp.

I have a question along the same lines...

I lost my first log book. I've looked EVERYwhere for it and the only thought that comes to my mind is it might have been under the seat of my truck right before I sold it, and now will never see it again. It was one of those thin black Standard pilot logs and I only had about 250-300 hours in it, but every one of my checkrides were in it. Thankfully, good ol' Mom made me photocopy pages from it years ago and she still has them, but I doubt the whole book was there. How will this effect me should I ever decide to go airlines? My current company (135 cargo) didn't bat an eye. Will an explanation of what happened, along with photocopies and past 8710 forms do the trick?

They're not going to give a rip in the interview. I did the same thing you are thinking of and they never batted an eye. I never mentioned a thing about it and neither did they.

People worry too much about what interviewers will think. Just don't do anything stupid and be yourself. It'll be fine.

Thanks!

Latest resources

Back